So you heard of the internet-approved popular shows, like Darby and The Dead, The Handmaid’s Tale, and Fall Out, and have decided to watch them? That’s great! There are a lot of other titles and live content for you to watch on Hulu in India. But not if you live outside the US.
Yes, Hulu is unavailable in India, but don’t be saddened by that news. You can get Hulu to work in India only after subscribing to a reliable VPN provider, like the dependable ExpressVPN. This is the most foolproof way to get Hulu in India and stream all your favorite content smoothly.
How to Watch Hulu in India? [5 Quick Steps Feb 2024]
Follow these quick instructions below to stream Hulu in India:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN provider, like the dependable ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Log in to the VPN using the credentials you used while signing up.
- Connect to one of the many US-based servers.
- Finally, sign into your Hulu account and start streaming smoothly.
Why Do You Need a VPN for Hulu in India?
Hulu is essentially a US-based streaming platform and is officially available in the US and Japan only. It has very tight security protocols implemented, which geo-restrict its content within the mentioned regions. This means that if you try to make Hulu work in India, you’ll see the following error on your screen:
Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location.
Getting a subscription to a premium VPN provider, like the highly reliable ExpressVPN, will easily remove this geo-restrictive error. A VPN lets you fake your location by hiding your real one and assigning you an IP address based in the US. This is what I call the classic Hulu location trick. As a result, you will be able to stream Hulu peacefully and also protect yourself while surfing online.
3 Best VPNs to Access Hulu in India [Detailed Analysis]
Can’t decide which VPN to subscribe to? Let me lend you a hand:
ExpressVPN – Trustworthy VPN to Watch Hulu in India
The following features of ExpressVPN make it one of the best VPNs to watch Hulu in India:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – Economical VPN to Watch Hulu in India
If you’re looking for a VPN that not only provides the best features but also comes with an affordable cost, then Surfshark is the right VPN for you:
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN – User-Friendly VPN to Watch Hulu in India
The following features of NordVPN make it one of the most user-friendly VPNs to watch Hulu in India:
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How to Create a Hulu Account in India?
Signing up for a new account on Hulu? Follow these hassle-free steps below:
- Subscribe to and download a reliable VPN. I would recommend ExpressVPN.
- Once you’ve installed it, connect to a US-based server.
- Visit Hulu’s official website.
- Click on the Signup
- Select one of the four Hulu subscription plans.
- Enter the required information.
- Select a payment method and type your billing details.
- The sign-up process is complete now; you can log into your Hulu account and start streaming.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch Hulu in India?
Yes, Hulu can be watched with a free VPN, but I would advise you don’t. Mainly, free VPNs do not possess the speed and bandwidth limit to allow smooth streaming, nor are they strong enough to work their way around Hulu’s geo-restrictions.
On top of it all, they are known to sell users’ data to third parties to cover their operational expenses. Hence, free VPNs cannot be trusted at all.
Read More: How to Watch Hulu in Australia
What Bundles are Offered by Hulu?
Hulu offers four different plans for its subscribers to choose from. Read through their features below before choosing one for yourself.
Hulu Basic – for INR 664.79/month
- You can stream on 6 devices simultaneously.
- A 30-day free trial period is included in this plan.
- This is an ad-supported
Hulu (Ad-free) – for INR 1247.21/month
- Ads are now removed with an additional amount.
- Connect with 6 devices at the same time.
- A 30-day free trial period is included in this plan, too.
Hulu + Live TV – for INR 5823.38/month
- Live stream both Disney+ and ESPN+
- More than 60 channels are now available.
- On-demand content is available.
- This plan comes with ads.
- A 7-day free trial period is included.
Hulu + Live TV (No Ads) – for INR 6904.56/month
- On-demand content but without any ads.
- Disney+ is ad-free, but ESPN+ is not.
- 7 day free trial period is included.
How to Pay For Hulu in India? [5 Payment Methods]
Want to pay for your Hulu subscription but don’t know how to do so? Written below are payment steps for five highly secure methods to use:
How To Pay For Hulu By Using a Gift Card
Follow the given steps to pay for Hulu using a Gift Card:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN that has US servers, such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and click on the Hulu gift card (if MyGiftCardSupply doesn’t work, you can also use GiftCardCabin).
- Choose the value you want to add to the card (subscribe to save on multiple cards), and then proceed to check out.
- Pay with your local credit card or PayPal and add a link to redeem the card after getting an email confirmation.
- Now, visit the Hulu gift card redemption page and log out of your account after clearing your browser.
- Click “Redeem,” and you’ll create a new Hulu account and enter a US ZIP Code.
- You can now log in to your new account and enjoy all your favorite movies and TV shows.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using PayPal
Here’s how you can pay for Hulu using PayPal:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; I recommend using ExpressVPN and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server so that you can access
- Now, make sure you have a US PayPal account and sign up for Hulu by selecting PayPal as your payment method.
- Log in to Hulu and enjoy non-stop streaming!
How To Pay For Hulu By Using StatesPay
Follow the given steps to pay for Hulu using StatesPay:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN like ExpressVPN and connect to the New York server.
- Create a StatesPay account. You’ll have to go to the website and click on “Sign up” to create a new account and add funds.
- Now, use your new card information and sign up for Hulu.
- Pay for Hulu, and you can start streaming Hulu from anywhere in the world.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using A Prepaid Card
The following steps will help you pay for Hulu using a Prepaid Card:
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to the USA Visa website. Choose your card and follow the steps to sign up and add funds.
- Use a new card to create a Hulu account. You will need a US phone number and address when signing up.
- Congratulations! You’re all set to stream Hulu outside the US.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using iTunes
Here’s how you can pay for Hulu using iTunes:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; I suggest using ExpressVPN and connecting to a US server.
- Visit the iTunes website and log out if you already have an account.
- Create a new iTunes account using your gift card.
- You’re ready to stream Hulu from anywhere in the world.
What Devices Are Compatible with Hulu in India?
Most of the major devices and operating systems in use today are supported by Hulu, so you don’t have to worry about device compatibility issues. Below are details for three of these:
How To Download Hulu on Android
Here’s how you can download Hulu on Android:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN [ExpressVPN is our #1 recommendation] and sign up for it.
- Sign in and connect to a US-based server.
- Go to your Android device’s Play Store.
- Search the Hulu app in the Play Store and click “install.”
- Sign in using your credentials after the installation.
- Voila! You’re all set to watch Hulu’s exclusive content on your Android.
How To Get Hulu on iOS
Follow the given steps to get Hulu on iOS:
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your iOS device.
- Log in and connect to an American server; I suggest you use the New York server.
- Go to “Settings” on your iOS device and tap the Apple ID.
- Click “Media and Purchases > View Account.”
- Sign in and change the location to the US.
- Search for the Hulu app in the App Store.
- Finally, install, sign in, and stream Hulu on your iOS device outside the USA.
Download Hulu on Streaming Devices, Smart TVs, and Gaming Consoles
Here’s how you can download Hulu on streaming devices:
- Get a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN and download and install the VPN on your device.
- Make sure you have the router firmware.
- Connect to an American server; the New York server is recommended.
- Link your device to the router network and activate Hulu on your streaming device.
- There you have it! You can now watch Hulu from anywhere in the world.
Other Devices Compatible with Hulu
Other than the three devices mentioned above, here’s a list of other devices Hulu supports:
Take a look at this list below to see all compatible devices:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xfinity TV Box
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
Is there any other way to Unblock Hulu in India?
Though there’s no other method more reliable than using a premium VPN subscription, if you’re interested in exploring your options, here are two other ways to stream Hulu in India.
A Smart DNS is like a proxy server. It encrypts your traffic through a remote server while hiding your real location and IP address. If you want to use a Smart DNS to gain access to geo-restricted content, I suggest using ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer feature, which also comes with extra-fast connections.
Browser Extension (Not Recommended)
Hulu’s website blocks most browser proxy extensions because it’s easier for its systems to detect the fake US-based IP address which this proxy extension will route your traffic through. Moreover, thousands of other users are already using this server. Hence, I don’t suggest using this method.
Read More: How To Watch Hulu In Bulgaria
Why is Hulu not Working in India? [Easy Fixes]
Okay, so there are a few errors and problems you could run into while streaming on Hulu. Listed below are some of them and their reliable solutions.
- Check your internet connections: to stream Hulu smoothly, you need a minimum of 6 Mbps. Check via fast.com if your internet speed is lower than the specified minimum. Moreover, you can move your device closer to the router or contact your ISP.
- Active Hulu subscription: check through your Hulu account to see if your subscription is still valid and hasn’t expired.
- Check if Hulu’s servers are down: your error may be related to a server being down. In this case, you only wait for the issue to be resolved on Hulu’s end. You can also check server status through Down Detector.
- Clear Hulu app cache: it may be that your app cache and data are taking up space and need to be cleared.
- Compatibility with Hulu: it may be that Hulu does not support your device.
- Update or reinstall your Hulu.
- Contact your VPN provider: if none of the solutions above has worked, you may contact your VPN service provider for assistance.
How Can I Cancel my Hulu Subscription in India?
Here’s how you can cancel your Hulu subscription plan:
- Sign into your Hulu
- Go to ‘Account’ from the main menu.
- Under ‘Subscription,’ click on ‘Cancel Subscription’.
- You’ll be prompted to pause your subscription.
- Complete the process by clicking on ‘Cancel’.
Best Shows and Movies Available to Watch on Hulu in India in 2023?
Take a look at the following list of titles that you can stream on Hulu in India in 2023:
Top TV Series to Watch on Hulu in India
Here is a list of the top TV series to watch on Hulu in India:
- This is Us
- Ice Road Truckers Season 3
- Modern Family
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Love Me Season 2
- The Office
- Killing Eve
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- The Company You Keep
Top Movies to Watch on Hulu in India
You can watch the following movies on Hulu in India:
- Fight Club
- Stars at Noon
- Boston Strangler Movie
- Fire Island
- The Drop
- The Princess
Top Channels to Watch on Hulu in India
Hulu offers the following channels to watch in India in 2023:
- ABC News
- Comedy Central
- National Geographic
What Indian Shows Does Hulu Have?
Here are some of the Bollywood titles you can watch on Hulu:
- Koffee with Karan
- Anupama (Hindi)
- City of Dreams (Hindi)
- Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin (Hindi)
- Bheemla Nayak
- Atrangi Re
- Imlie (Hindi)
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai
Can you Watch Hulu Content from Other Countries Besides India?
With a premium VPN provider, you can unlock Hulu in more than 50 countries without any trouble:
What are the US ZIP Codes?
Below is a list of US zip codes you can use:
|90001 – 90089
|90209 – 90213
|60601 – 60641
|20001 – 20020
|85001 – 85055
|78701 – 78705
|33124 – 33190
|30301 – 30381
|02101 – 02137
|10001 – 10048
Is it legal to watch Hulu in India with a VPN?
Yes, it is completely legal to do so. All you need is a subscription to a reliable premium VPN, like ExpressVPN, and you’re all set.
Does Hulu accept Indian Cards?
No, unfortunately, Hulu does not accept any Indian cards or similar modes of payment used in India. You must use any of the five payment options described in the article above.
Will Hulu launch in India?
So far, there’s no such news of Hulu expanding its operations beyond the US and Japan. However, Disney has mentioned the possibility of expanding its operations, and it might come to India.
Is Hulu available on Hotstar?
Yes, Hulu is now available on the Disney+ Hotstar platform. You can easily watch all the trending shows on Hulu via the Disney+ Hotstar app.
Can Hulu detect VPNs?
Yes, Hulu can detect VPNs since it keeps track of IP addresses accessing its services. So the moment its intelligent systems detect an IP address connected via a VPN, Hulu blocks that IP address. However, this won’t happen if you use a strong VPN like ExpressVPN.
Yes, it is that simple to watch Hulu in India. I hope that by now, all your woes regarding this matter have been resolved. Just remember to get an exclusive VPN provider, and you can unlock the world of entertainment easily.
If you’ve got a question to ask, feel free to comment below, and team Binge Hulu will get back to you.