Hulu is an OTT platform with an extensive collection of shows and movies to watch on demand. Based in the US, it is owned by the entertainment industry giant Disney. A wide variety of content is available on the streaming platform, including mega-hits shows such as Fall Out, Darby and the Dead, and The Handmaid’s Tale.
But to watch these shows on Hulu in Singapore, you need to subscribe to a premium VPN provider, like the trusted ExpressVPN. A reliable VPN lets you access geo-blocked content in any region.
Can’t figure out how to stream Hulu with a VPN? Let this article lend you a hand.
How to Watch Hulu in Singapore with a VPN? [Easy Steps]
Looking for quick help? Follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN provider, like the dependable ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Log in to the VPN using the credentials you used while signing up.
- Connect to one of the many US-based servers.
- Finally, sign into your Hulu account and start streaming smoothly.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu in Singapore [Quick Overview]
Listed below are 3 highly acclaimed VPNs and their unparalleled features:
- ExpressVPN: ExpressVPN offers over 3000 super-fast servers across 94 countries. Your data is kept extremely safe with AES-256 Encryption. You can get it for 1 year + 3 months free for only $6.67 per month, with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This VPN is both budget-friendly and highly dependable. Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, out of which 600 servers are based in the US. You can avail of this with an 81% discount for $2.49 per month. And a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: This amazing VPN has 5700+ ultra-fast servers in 60 countries, offering unlimited speed and bandwidth. You can get this VPN for just $3.99 monthly, with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Moreover, you can connect up to 6 devices
Read More: How To Watch Hulu In Lithuania
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Hulu in Singapore?
Hulu is an American streaming platform and is currently available in the US and certain cities in Japan only. This means that its services can only be availed in the aforementioned regions because of the geo-restrictions integrated into Hulu’s systems.
If you try to stream Hulu from Singapore, then you’ll face the following geo-restrictive error:
Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location.
If you want this error gone, you’ll need help from a reliable VPN provider. A trusted VPN, such as ExpressVPN, can easily work its way around Hulu’s geo-blocking security protocols and allow you access to its amazing content. Simply subscribe to a premium VPN, and you’re all set to peacefully stream Hulu outside the US.
Read More: Comedy Series on Hulu
3 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu in Singapore [Detailed Analysis]
I understand if you’re unable to decide which VPN to get. I’ve described the 3 best ones in detail below to help you select one:
ExpressVPN – Reliable VPN to Watch Hulu in Singapore
ExpressVPN is the perfect choice for smooth streaming and protecting your information. Let’s explore what this VPN has to offer.
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – Economical VPN to Watch Hulu in Singapore
Surfshark is an ideal VPN for streaming without spending too much money. It’s an affordable option and provides access to geo-restricted content. Let’s take a closer look at the specifications of this VPN.
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN – User-Friendly VPN to Watch Hulu in Singapore
NordVPN is a trustworthy VPN that offers excellent security features and a large number of servers. Let’s explore the characteristics of NordVPN in more detail.
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How to Get Hulu in Singapore?
Getting a new account on Hulu? Here’s how you can do so:
- Subscribe to and download a reliable VPN. I would recommend ExpressVPN.
- Once you’ve installed it, connect to a US-based server.
- Visit Hulu’s official website.
- Click on the Signup
- Select one of the four Hulu subscription plans.
- Enter the required information.
- Select a payment method and type your billing details.
- The sign-up process is complete now; you can log into your Hulu account and start streaming.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch Hulu in Singapore?
Yes, you can use a free VPN. But before you proceed to press that download button, let me tell you why you shouldn’t get a free VPN service:
- Free VPNs have highly limited bandwidth and speeds, which are inadequate for streaming Hulu smoothly. Moreover, their number of servers is also limited, and they’re already blocked by Hulu.
- They are not powerful enough to bypass the geo-restrictions imposed by Hulu.
- Most importantly, Free VPNs jeopardize your data’s safety because, in exchange for their free services, they often sell user data to third parties.
Having said so, I believe you do understand the grave consequences you can face, regarding your data, by using a free VPN. Hence, I, too, would advise you against doing so.
Read More: How To Watch Hulu In Ireland
How Much is Hulu in Singapore?
Hulu offers four convenient subscription plans. You may select one that suits your requirements and budget.
Hulu Basic – for SGD 10.88/month
- You can stream on 6 devices simultaneously.
- A 30-day free trial period is included in this plan.
- This is an ad-supported
Hulu (Ad-free) – for SGD 20.41/month
- Ads are now removed with an additional amount.
- Connect with 6 devices at the same time.
- A 30-day free trial period is included in this plan too.
Hulu + Live TV – for SGD 95.28/month
- Live stream both Disney+ and ESPN+
- More than 60 channels are now available.
- On-demand content is available.
- This plan comes with ads.
- A 7-day free trial period is included.
Hulu + Live TV (No Ads) – for SGD 112.98/month
- On-demand content but without any ads.
- Disney+ is ad-free, but ESPN+ is not.
- 7 day free trial period is included.
How to Pay for Hulu Subscription in Singapore? [5 Alternative Methods]
Hulu supports 5 very convenient and secure payment methods. Below are their respective payment steps for you to follow:
How To Pay For Hulu By Using a Gift Card
- Subscribe to a premium VPN that has US servers, such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and click on the Hulu gift card (if MyGiftCardSupply doesn’t work, you can also use GiftCardCabin).
- Choose the value you want to add to the card (subscribe to save on multiple cards), and then proceed to check out.
- Pay with your local credit card or PayPal and add a link to redeem the card after getting an email confirmation.
- Now visit the Hulu gift card redemption page and log out of your account after clearing your browser.
- Click “Redeem,” and you’ll create a new Hulu account and enter a US ZIP Code.
- You can now log in to your new account and enjoy all your favorite movies and TV shows.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using PayPal
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; I recommend using ExpressVPN and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server so that you can access
- Now make sure you have a US PayPal account and sign up for Hulu by selecting PayPal as your payment method.
- Log in to Hulu and enjoy non-stop streaming!
How To Pay For Hulu By Using StatesPay
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN like ExpressVPN and connect to the New York
- Create a StatesPay account. You’ll have to go to the website and click on “Sign up” to create a new account and add
- Now use your new card information and sign up for Hulu.
- Pay for Hulu, and you can start streaming Hulu from anywhere in the world.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using A Prepaid Card
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to the USA Visa website. Choose your card and follow the steps to sign up and add funds.
- Use a new card to create a Hulu account. You will need a US phone number and address when signing up.
- Congratulations! You’re all set to stream Hulu outside the US.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using iTunes
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; I suggest using ExpressVPN because of its excellent security features and connection to a US server.
- Visit the iTunes website and log out if you already have an account.
- Create a new iTunes account using your gift card.
- You’re ready to stream Hulu from anywhere in the world.
What Devices Are Compatible with Hulu in Singapore?
The range of devices compatible with Hulu is a long one. Below are the downloading steps for three major devices.
How To Download Hulu on Android
- First of all, subscribe to a reputable VPN [ExpressVPN is our #1 recommendation] and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server.
- Go to your Android device’s Play Store.
- Search the Hulu app in the Play Store and click “install.”
- Sign in using your credentials after the installation.
- Voila! You’re all set to watch Hulu’s exclusive content on your Android.
How To Get Hulu on iOS
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN. Download and install the VPN app on your iOS device.
- Connect to an American server; I suggest you use the New York
- Now go to “Settings” on your iOS device and tap the Apple ID.
- Click “Media and Purchases > View Account.”
- Sign in and change the location to the US.
- Search for the Hulu app in the App Store.
- Finally, install, sign in, and stream Hulu on your iOS device outside the USA.
Download Hulu on Streaming Devices, Smart TVs, and Gaming Consoles
- Get a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN and download and install the VPN on your device.
- Make sure you have the router firmware.
- Connect to an American server; the New York server is recommended.
- Link your device to the router network and activate Hulu on your streaming device.
- There you have it! You can now watch Hulu from anywhere in the world.
Other Devices Supported by Hulu in Singapore
Aside from the three devices mentioned above, here’s a list of other devices Hulu supports.
Take a look at this list below to see all compatible devices:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xfinity TV Box
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
Is There Any Other Way to Watch Hulu in Singapore?
In my suggestion, downloading a VPN is the most reliable method, but if you want to explore more options, here are two methods you can use:
A Smart DNS is similar to a proxy server because it routes your internet traffic to a remote server and hides your real IP address and location. If you’re interested in unblocking Hulu through a Smart DNS, I recommend using the MediaStreamer feature by ExpressVPN, which also comes with extra-fast connections.
This method is unreliable because Hulu’s website blocks most browser proxy extensions. Moreover, they route your traffic through a US server already used by thousands of other users. Hence, I don’t suggest employing this method.
How Do I Fix Hulu Not Working with VPN in Singapore? [Quick Fixes]
Listed below are common Hulu errors that can interrupt your streaming session:
- Hulu Error Code 3 and 5
- Hulu Error Code 503
- Hulu Error Code 500
- Hulu Error Code 400
- Hulu HDCP errors
- Hulu Playback Failure
- Hulu Proxy Error
- Hulu Protected Content Error
- Hulu app issues
To remove these pesky errors, try these solutions below:
- Check your internet connections: To stream Hulu smoothly, you need a minimum of 6 Mbps. Check via fast.com if your internet speed is lower than the specified minimum. Moreover, you can move your device closer to the router or contact your ISP.
- Active Hulu subscription: Check through your Hulu account to see if your subscription is still valid and hasn’t expired.
- Check if Hulu’s servers are down: your error may be related to a server being down. In this case, you only wait for the issue to be resolved on Hulu’s end. You can also check server status through Down Detector.
- Clear Hulu app cache: It may be that your app cache and data are taking up space and need to be cleared.
- Compatibility with Hulu: It may be that Hulu does not support your device.
- Update or reinstall your Hulu
- DNS or IP Leak: A DNS leak happens when your DNS queries fail to go through the encryption tunnel of your VPN. Whereas an IP leak occurs when your IP address is revealed when it was supposed to be concealed. In both cases, Hulu will detect the leaks and show an error. Here’s how you can conduct a DNS leak test or an IP leak test.
- Contact your VPN provider: If none of the solutions above has worked, you may contact your VPN service provider for assistance.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription in Singapore?
Follow the steps below to cancel your Hulu subscription:
- Sign into your Hulu
- Go to ‘Account’ from the main menu.
- Under ‘Subscription’, click on ‘Cancel Subscription’.
- You’ll be prompted to pause your subscription.
- Complete the process by clicking on ‘Cancel’.
What to Watch on Hulu in Singapore in 2023?
Hulu holds an impressively vast library of TV shows and movies. The list of content for you to watch is endless. Take a look at some of the most popular titles:
Best Hulu Shows to Watch in Singapore
- Secret Invasion
- Only Murders in the Building
- Solar Opposites
- Castle Rock
- This Fool
- Reservation Dogs
- Veronica Mars
- A Small Light
Best Hulu Movies to Watch in Singapore
- Minding the Gap
- The French Connection
- Boston Stranglers
- Triangle of Sadness
- Eyes Wide Shut
- Sorry to Brother You
Top channels to watch on Hulu in 2023
- Food Network
- Animal Planet
- Big Ten Network
- Comedy Central
What Other Countries Can I Unblock Hulu in?
With the help of a premium VPN service, you can unblock geo-blocked content in more than 100 countries. Here are a few of them:
US ZIP Codes to Unblock Hulu in Singapore
Below is a list of US zip codes for your help:
|90001 – 90089
|90209 – 90213
|60601 – 60641
|20001 – 20020
|85001 – 85055
|78701 – 78705
|33124 – 33190
|30301 – 30381
|02101 – 02137
|10001 – 10048
Why won’t Hulu take my ZIP code?
This may be the case if you’re using a zip code different from the one you used in your billing address. Go to your Hulu account and ensure you’re entering the same zip code while signing up.
Can I get a Student Discount on the Hulu Bundle in Singapore?
Yes, you can get a student discount when signing up for Hulu. You’ll have to pay a sum total of SGD 2.66, after a discount of 75%. This is an ad-supported plan and can be canceled at any time without any hidden charges.
Does Hulu detect VPNs?
Yes, Hulu does detect VPNs. Since it keeps track of IP addresses accessing its services, the moment its intelligent systems detect an IP address connected via a VPN, Hulu blocks that particular IP address.
How do I bypass the VPN block on Hulu?
There aren’t many VPNs powerful enough to bypass Hulu’s geo-restrictive system. That’s because servers that are blacklisted by the streaming service are replaced on a daily basis. Thus, only a reliable premium VPN provider, such as ExpressVPN, can unblock Hulu.
Can I use the same account to watch Hulu in multiple countries?
Yes, you can. If you’re using a reliable VPN provider to access Hulu, then you can definitely watch Hulu in multiple countries.
By now, I believe all your confusion has been cleared. Just keep in mind to download a premium VPN provider that can be trusted with breaking past Hulu’s geo-restrictions, such as the dependable ExpressVPN, and you can start streaming Hulu a lot more smoothly.
If you’ve got any further queries, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.