People in Canada are fond of streaming, and Hulu, the top-tier streaming service with an expansive library of best-rated TV shows and movies, has something for every Canadian, but unfortunately, the platform is geo-blocked and can’t be accessed in Canada without a premium VPN.
Follow this guide to learn how to do the Hulu location trick using a premium VPN to watch Hulu in Canada and binge-watch Hulu’s exclusive content from your region.
How to Watch Hulu in Canada? [5 Quick Steps]
To watch Hulu in Canada, follow these steps:
- Get a subscription to a reliable VPN [ExpressVPN is a #1 choice].
- Download and install the app on your device and open
- Log in and connect to an American server [the New York server is suggested].
- Navigate to Hulu’s official website and sign up for the Hulu account.
- Enjoy non-stop streaming of Hulu’s content in Canada.
Why Do You Need A VPN To Watch Hulu In Canada?
A VPN is needed to watch Hulu in Canada because Hulu is one of the streaming platforms that are geo-restricted outside the USA, so even if you try to access Hulu in Canada, you’ll get the following error message on your screen:
“Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location.”
And that’s why you need a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to bypass Hulu’s geo-blocking and make Hulu work in Canada.
Read More: Watch My Evil Sister Season 1 on Hulu
Top 3 VPNs to Watch Hulu in Canada [Overview January 2024]
These top 3 VPNs are known to provide an excellent streaming service while offering premium features and a seamless streaming experience.
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch Hulu in Canada
ExpressVPN crowns itself as the best VPN to watch Hulu in Canada because of its following unique features:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Watch Hulu in Canada
Number second on the list of VPNs is Surfshark. It’s one of the best VPNs to watch Hulu in Canada because of its following features:
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch Hulu in Canada
NordVPN is one of the recommended VPNs to watch Hulu in Canada because of its following features:
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How Can I Subscribe to Hulu in Canada?
Here’s how you can sign up for Hulu in Canada:
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN; ExpressVPN is highly recommended.
- Download the VPN app. Sign in and connect to an American server; the New York server is recommended.
- Visit Hulu’s official website and click “Sign up for Hulu only.”
- Choose a suitable subscription plan and enter your information.
- Select a subscription method, enter your details, and pay for your Hulu account.
- Complete the sign-up and start watching Hulu in Canada.
Read more: How to Watch Hulu in India
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch Hulu in Canada?
Yes, you can use a free VPN for Hulu in Canada, but it is important to note that Hulu restricts many free VPN providers. Your streaming may be slowed due to the lack of servers available with free VPNs. Also, a free VPN can’t provide online privacy and could potentially have their user’s IP address leaked, putting them at risk.
That’s why we suggest you care for your privacy by subscribing to a secure VPN, like ExpressVPN, that allows smooth masking of IP addresses, giving you complete anonymity.
What Are The Compatible Devices to Watch Hulu in Canada?
Here is a list of the compatible devices to watch Hulu in Canada:
Take a look at this list below to see all compatible devices:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xfinity TV Box
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
How to Watch the Hulu in Canada on Android Devices?
Here’s how you can watch the Hulu on Android devices in Canada:
- First, subscribe to a reputable VPN [ExpressVPN is our #1 recommendation] and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server.
- Go to your Android device’s Play Store.
- Search the Hulu app in the Play Store and click “install.”
- Sign in using your credentials after the installation.
- Voila! You’re all set to watch Hulu’s exclusive content on your Android.
How to Watch Hulu in Canada on IOS Devices?
Follow the given steps to watch Hulu on your iOS devices in Canada:
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN. Download and install the VPN app on your iOS device.
- Connect to an American server; we suggest you use the New York
- Go to “Settings” on your iOS device and tap the Apple ID.
- Click “Media and Purchases > View Account.”
- Sign in and change the location to the US.
- Search for the Hulu app in the App Store.
- Finally, install, sign in, and stream Hulu on your iOS device outside the USA.
How to Watch Hulu in Canada on Smart TV?
Check out the given steps to get Hulu on your Smart TV in Canada:
- Get a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN. Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Make sure you have the router firmware.
- Connect to an American server; the New York server is recommended.
- Link your device to the router network and activate Hulu on your streaming device.
- There you have it! You can now watch Hulu from anywhere in the world.
Why is Hulu not Working in Canada? [Try this Quick Hack]
To access Hulu in Canada, use a premium VPN. If issues persist while using a VPN, the problem may be due to the following reasons:
- Hulu has banned your connected VPN server, and your device has cookies showing your location.
- Your streaming device’s GPS location and IP address don’t align.
- Your connected VPN is unable to bypass Hulu’s geo-blocking.
- Your IP address is being leaked.
You can fix these errors by following these troubleshooting tips:
- You can reach your VPN’s customer support team.
- Try switching your browser.
- Clear your cache and cookies.
- Connect to another US VPN server.
- Switch VPN protocol.
- Try to switch your VPN provider and check if it works or not.
- Inspect for IP and DNS Address leaks.
- Buy a residential IP address.
Is There Any Other Way to Watch Hulu in Canada?
Yes, some options allow you to access Hulu in Canada. Apart from using Hulu with ExpressVPN, you can try the following different unblocking methods:
Option 1: Smart DNS
If you’re looking for an alternative option to unblock Hulu in Canada, ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer Smart DNS is suggested. Although VPNs are the safest option to unblock Hulu outside the US, sometimes using a Smart DNS proxy like this can give you an outstanding streaming experience.
A MediaStreamer suits those seeking an uninterrupted 4K streaming experience across multiple devices.
Option 2: Browser Extension (Not Recommended)
If you prefer not to use a VPN or the option mentioned above, there is the alternative of using a browser plugin.
Although streaming platforms typically block proxies, these convenient add-ons can assist in directing your traffic through an American server commonly used by many others.
This simplifies recognizing and limiting access to proxy servers, enabling seamless streaming without difficulties or annoyances.
What is the Cost for Hulu Canada?
Hulu currently offers the following plans in Canada:
|Hulu (No Ads)
|Hulu + Live TV
|Price (US $)
|Price (CA $)
*Note: The prices may vary depending on exchange rates.
Hulu Subscription Plans
Here are the different subscription plans offered by Hulu:
- You get a 30-day free trial.
- Six individuals can use a single Hulu account at the same time.
- US content is available on Hulu, but this plan has ads that may disrupt your streaming experience.
Hulu (No Ads)
- This plan also provides a 30-day free trial.
- Up to six users can access a single account at the same time.
- You can do ads-free streaming of all the US content.
Hulu + Live TV
- Hulu Live TV offers more than 100 channels to stream.
- Six individuals can use a single Hulu account at the same time.
- Subscribing to Hulu + Live TV gives you access to ESPN and Disney Plus.
- Watch your favorite shows on Hulu without any interruptions from advertisements.
Read More: How to Watch Hulu in Spain
How do I Pay for Hulu in Canada? [5 Alternative Payment Methods]
If you’re having issues using your Canadian credit card to pay for Hulu, here are 5 alternative payment methods you can try:
How do I Pay with Paypal for Hulu in Canada?
Follow the given steps to pay for Hulu in Canada with your PayPal:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; we recommend using ExpressVPN and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server so that you can access
- Now, make sure you have a US PayPal account and sign up for Hulu by selecting PayPal as your payment method.
- Log in to Hulu and enjoy non-stop streaming!
Can I Use a Hulu Gift Card for a Subscription?
Yes, you can use a Hulu Gift Card for a subscription. Follow the given steps to pay for Hulu using a gift card:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN that has US servers, such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and click on the Hulu gift card (if MyGiftCardSupply doesn’t work, you can also use GiftCardCabin).
- Choose the value you want to add to the card (subscribe to save on multiple cards), and then proceed to check out.
- Pay with your local credit card or PayPal and add a link to redeem the card after getting an email confirmation.
- Now, visit the Hulu gift card redemption page and log out of your account after clearing your browser.
- Click “Redeem,” and you’ll create a new Hulu account and enter a US ZIP Code.
- You can now log in to your new account and enjoy all your favorite movies and TV shows.
How to Use StatesPay to Pay for Hulu in Canada?
Here is how you can use StatesPay to pay for Hulu in Canada:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN like ExpressVPN and connect to the New York
- Create a StatesPay account. You must go to the website and click “Sign up” to create a new account and add
- Now, use your new card information and sign up for Hulu.
- Pay for Hulu, and you can start streaming Hulu from anywhere in the world.
Can you Use a Prepaid Card for Hulu Subscriptions?
Yes, you can use a Prepaid Card for Hulu subscription. Follow the steps given below to pay for Hulu using a Prepaid Card:
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to the USA Visa website. Choose your card and follow the steps to sign up and add funds.
- Use a new card to create a Hulu account. You will need a US phone number and address when signing up.
- Congratulations! You’re all set to stream Hulu outside the US.
How do I Subscribe to Hulu in Canada Via iTunes?
Here’s how you can subscribe to Hulu in Canada using iTunes:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; we suggest using ExpressVPN because of its excellent security features.
- Connect to a US server; we recommend using the New York
- Visit the iTunes website and log out if you already have an account.
- Create a new iTunes account using your gift card.
- You’re ready to stream Hulu from anywhere in the world.
What Are The Popular Movies and Shows To Watch on Hulu in Canada in 2023?
Here is a list of the top 10 movies and shows to watch on Hulu in Canada in 2023:
- Ford v Ferrari
- Little Women
- The Act
- Marriage Story
- Veronica Mars
- The Irishman
- Castle Rock
- Portrait of a Lady on Fire
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- The Kardashians Season 4 on Hulu
Can I Unblock Hulu In Other Restricted Countries?
After reading the guide, do you still think, “Is Hulu available in Canada”? No, it is not! The answer is simple! You can unblock Hulu in Canada with a VPN, but does that VPN help us unblock Hulu in other restricted countries as well? Yes, it does. Here is how you can unblock Hulu in every restricted region by subscribing to ExpressVPN:
- Outside the USA
- The Philippines
- New Zealand
- The UK
- The Netherlands
How To Cancel a Hulu Subscription?
You can cancel your Hulu subscription by following the steps:
- Go to Hulu’s official website https://www.hulu.com and sign in to your Hulu account.
- Tap on your account picture in the screen’s upper-right corner.
- Scroll down to the subscription section.
- Select “Cancel” right next to your subscription.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your decision to discontinue your subscription.
- Click “Confirm,” and you’re subscription will be canceled.
FAQs: Hulu in Canada
Is Hulu free with Amazon Prime?
No, Hulu is not free with Amazon Prime in Canada. To watch Hulu and Amazon Prime, you must buy a separate Hulu account and a separate Amazon Prime account.
How can I get Hulu for free in Canada?
No, you can’t get Hulu for free in Canada, but you can get a 30-day free trial for Hulu in Canada when you subscribe to the Hulu basic plan.
What channels do I get with Hulu in Canada?
You get several channels in Canada, including Lifetime, MTV OWN, Hallmark Channel, BET, Comedy Central, E! Bravo, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, etc.
Is it legal to stream Hulu in Canada using a VPN?
Yes, it is legal to stream Hulu in Canada using a VPN.
Can I get a Student Discount on the Hulu Bundle in Canada?
You can get a student discount on the Hulu bundle in Canada. The bundle applies to college students; you can get Hulu’s ad-supported plan for $1.99/month.
Can I use my Hulu account in multiple locations?
Yes, you can use your Hulu account in multiple locations. However, the Hulu + Live TV bundle is only available for one location.
Is it safe to watch Hulu in Canada with a VPN?
Yes, it is safe to watch Hulu in Canada with a VPN. However, it is recommended to use a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN to bypass Hulu’s geo-blocking in Canada.
Why can’t you unblock Hulu in Canada?
You can’t unblock Hulu in Canada because it is a geo-restricted streaming platform and does not work outside the USA because of its content licensing issues.
I hope this guide has addressed any queries you may have had about watching Hulu from Canada. Now, all you need is a trustworthy VPN, like ExpressVPN, to bypass Hulu’s geographical restrictions to access and enjoy all of Hulu’s enticing content.