I’ve always been a big fan of American streaming services because of the wide range of content they offer, and if you’re a fan, too, you must have heard about Hulu.
Hulu is one of the top streaming services; it’s similar to cable, or maybe not because it’s better. It offers the greatest TV shows and movies in the entertainment industry, like Forrest Gump, Maze Runner, Jurassic Park, and many more.
If you’re wondering how to watch Hulu in Germany, remember that Hulu is unavailable outside the US. Nevertheless, that shouldn’t stop you from the crazy amount of content available on Hulu. You only need a trustworthy VPN to solve your problem, so don’t sweat it. Stay with me to learn how to watch Hulu in Germany.
How to Watch Hulu in Germany? [5 Quick Steps]
Follow the given 5 quick steps to watch Hulu in Germany:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN provider; my recommendation is ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Open the app and sign in to the VPN app using your credentials.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to Hulu’s official website, sign in to your account, and have fun.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Hulu in Germany?
Streaming services come with copyright distributions that prevent them from being streamed in other countries. Well, the same is the case with Hulu. If you try to access Hulu in Germany, you will get a geo-restriction error saying:
“Hulu is not available to watch in your location.”
By connecting to a specialized US server, your German IP address will change to a US one, allowing you to watch Hulu in Germany.
3 Best VPNs To Watch Hulu in Germany
The following 3 are the best VPNs to watch Hulu in Germany. Check out their specifications and choose one:
ExpressVPN – Reliable VPN to Watch Hulu in Germany
ExpressVPN is hands down one of the most reliable VPNs to watch Hulu in Germany:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Watch Hulu in Germany
Need an affordable VPN? Surfshark is here for the rescue; it’s distinctive and offers the following unique features:
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN – Most Steady VPN to Watch Hulu in Germany
NordVPN is one of the most trustworthy VPNs because of the following features:
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How to Watch Hulu in Germany on Different Devices?
Devices widely used worldwide are supported by Hulu. Following is the list of devices compatible with Hulu in Germany:
Read More: How To Watch Hulu in Zimbabwe
How to Download Hulu on Android
Here are the easy steps to download Hulu on your Android devices:
- First, subscribe to a reputable VPN [ExpressVPN is recommended] and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server.
- Go to your Android device’s Play Store.
- Search the Hulu app in the Play Store and click “install.”
- Sign in using your credentials after the installation.
- And finally, you’re all set to watch Hulu’s exclusive content on your Android.
How to Download Hulu on Streaming Devices, Smart TVs, and Gaming Console
Follow the given steps and download Hulu on your streaming devices, smart TVs, and gaming consoles:
- Get a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Make sure you have the router firmware.
- Connect to an American server; the New York server is recommended.
- Link your device to the router network and activate Hulu on your streaming device.
- Voila! You can now watch Hulu from anywhere in the world.
How to Download Hulu on iOS
iOS users can also download Hulu by pursuing the following steps:
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your iOS device.
- Connect to an American server; I suggest you use the New York server.
- Go to “Settings” on your iOS device and tap the Apple ID.
- Click “Media and Purchases > View Account.”
- Sign in and change the location to the US.
- Search for the Hulu app in the App Store.
- Install, sign in, and stream Hulu on your iOS device outside the USA.
How Much Does Hulu Cost in Germany?
Hulu has different plans for its subscribers to choose from. Take a look at the mentioned plans below and select your preferred one:
Hulu Basic- 7.53 Euros
- Six people can use a single Hulu account.
- A 30-day free trial is provided.
- US content is available, but this plan includes advertising that could interfere with your streaming time.
Hulu (No Ads)- 16.95 Euros
- You can enjoy your favorite TV shows and movies without getting interrupted by ads.
- Six individuals can use a single Hulu Account.
- A 30-day trial is also provided in this plan.
Hulu + Live TV- 72.54 Euros
- Six individuals can use the Hulu + Live TV plan.
- It offers more than 100 channels to stream.
- You get access to ESPN and Disney Plus by subscribing to Hulu + Live TV.
Read More: How to Watch Hulu in India
How to Pay for Hulu in Germany?
Worried about the payment method for your Hulu account? Choose one of the following methods and start streaming:
How to Pay For Hulu By Using Giftcard?
Use the following steps to pay for your Hulu account by using a Gift Card:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN that has US servers, such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and click on the Hulu gift card (if MyGiftCardSupply doesn’t work, you can also use GiftCardCabin).
- Choose the value you want to add to the card (subscribe to save on multiple cards), and then proceed to check out.
- Pay with your local credit card or PayPal and add a link to redeem the card after getting an email confirmation.
- Now, visit the Hulu gift card redemption page and log out of your account after clearing your browser.
- Click “Redeem,” and you’ll create a new Hulu account and enter a US ZIP Code.
- You can now log in to your new account and enjoy all your favorite movies and TV shows.
How to Pay For Hulu By Using PayPal?
You can pay for your Hulu account via PayPal by following these easy steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server so that you can access Hulu.
- Now, make sure you have a US PayPal account and sign up for Hulu by selecting PayPal as your payment method.
- Log in to Hulu and have fun with the non-stop streaming!
Can I Watch Hulu Without a VPN?
Yes, you can. There are alternative ways to get Hulu in Germany. However, the preferable choice is to use a VPN, and no, it’s not illegal. Using a VPN changes the IP address that your ISP gave your device to the one the VPN provided. Anyways, there are two other ways to get Hulu without a VPN:
Even though a VPN is the safest choice to watch Hulu in Germany, Smart DNS is also an alternative. Smart DNS unblocks your geo-restricted websites by routing your DNS queries specifically through a distant server to hide your actual location and IP address. Although this method works well when you need to access geo-restricted content, the rest of the traffic data remains unencrypted.
Browser Extension (Not Recommended)
Browser extension is another way to watch Hulu in Germany. How does it work? A proxy server works as the mediator between you and the server you want to use for your desired content. It acts in your place to obtain the information and provide it to you, so if your proxy server is located in another country, it’ll help you bypass geo-blocking.
However, because several users use this method, Hulu has started to block users’ access to a browser extension, which is why I wouldn’t recommend this method to you.
What Are The Best Movies and TV Shows To Watch in Germany?
You must be wondering what TV shows and movies to watch once you’re done with your VPN formalities. Hulu certainly has a variety of top movies and TV shows, but since you’re new here, I would suggest the best ones for now:
Best Movies to Watch on Hulu in Germany
Try not to miss these mega-hit movies available on Hulu:
- 12 Strong
- The Boogeyman
- Hell Hath No Fury
- The Secret Scripture
- Press Play
- Nice Girl Like You
- Deep Water
- A Walk to Remember
Best TV Shows on Hulu in Germany
If you’re a series lover, these TV shows are for you:
- The Clearing
- The Kill Point
- Prison Break
- How I Met Your Father
- Not Dead Yet
- American Housewife
- The Kardashians Season 4
- Normal People
- Love Me
- The Last Of Us
What Are The Other Devices Compatible to Hulu?
Following is the list of devices that are compatible with Hulu:
Take a look at this list below to see all compatible devices:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xfinity TV Box
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
What Are The Countries You Can Watch Hulu In?
- The UK
- New Zealand
- The Netherlands
Can I use Hulu in Germany with a free VPN?
Yes, you can. However, free VPNs have minimal speeds, which don’t meet the minimum speed needed for streaming Hulu efficiently. Additionally, Free VPNs put your data safety at risk and have a history of selling your data to a third party.
What are the streaming services that are available in Germany?
Following is the list of available streaming services in Germany:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Apple TV+
- Magenta TV
- Rakuten TV
Can my Hulu account be used in Europe?
Hulu can only be used in Europe if you change your IP address to a US location. You won’t be able to access your account after you leave the United States, which is not an issue since you can use a VPN to hide your actual location and replace it with the US to watch Hulu in Germany.
What should I do if a VPN stops working because of a proxy error?
There are times when the VPN stops working, which can be because of different reasons:
- Check your internet connection because you need a minimum of 6 Mbps speed to stream Hulu smoothly.
- Check your Hulu account to see if your subscription is still valid.
- There’s a chance that your device is not compatible with Hulu.
Can I use Hulu for free in Germany?
No, you can’t watch Hulu in Germany for free. However, Hulu offers a 30-day trial, but after that, you’ll have to pay to watch Hulu in Germany.
While wrapping this article up, I hope that all your queries about watching Hulu in Germany have been solved. As I have recommended the best VPNs for you to watch Hulu in Germany, you can now stream all your favorite movies and TV shows that you’ve been waiting to watch on Hulu.
So what are you waiting for? Subscribe to a reliable VPN, like the trustworthy ExpressVPN, and stream your worries away.