Hulu, the popular streaming platform, is home to a wide variety of amazing movies and TV shows that are, unfortunately, not available outside the US because of licensing issues. But I know the people of Malaysia love to spend time with their families, and what better activity there can be apart from watching TV shows and movies together?
So don’t let Hulu’s geo-blocking upset you, and join this guide to learn how to watch Hulu in Malaysia using a reliable VPN. I know that not all VPNs have what it takes to unblock Hulu outside the US, but there’s no need to worry, as this blog will tell you about only reliable VPNs that won’t disappoint you.
How To Watch Hulu in Malaysia? [Quick Steps]
Follow these quick steps to watch Hulu in Malaysia:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN; ExpressVPN is recommended.
- Download the VPN app and install it on your device.
- Log in to the VPN app using your email and password.
- Connect to an American server; the New York server is recommended.
- Go to Hulu’s official website and start watching Hulu content in Malaysia.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Hulu in Malaysia?
You need a VPN to watch Hulu in Malaysia because Hulu is a geo-restricted platform that won’t let you access it from Malaysia. Even if you try to access it from Malaysia, then Hulu will give you the following error message:
“Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location.”
A premium VPN such as ExpressVPN helps to bypass Hulu’s geo-blocking by concealing your Malaysian IP address and switching it with the IP address of an American server. In this way, Hulu thinks you’re streaming the platform from within the USA, and you can stream Hulu seamlessly.
Read More: How to Watch Echo Season 1 on Hulu
3 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu in Malaysia in 2024
Following are the 3 best VPN providers to watch Hulu in Malaysia:
ExpressVPN – The High-Speed, Secure & Anonymous VPN
ExpressVPN is the most recommended VPN for bypassing Hulu’s geo-restrictions in Malaysia because of its following amazing features:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – A Low-Cost Yet Safe VPN
Surfshark is a low-cost yet secure VPN to stream Hulu in Malaysia. Here is a detailed analysis of the features of Surfshark:
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN – A Feature Rich, Hot-Tech Service Provider
NordVPN comes in the list of the best VPNs to watch Hulu in Malaysia because of its following amazing features:
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How To Pay for a Hulu Subscription Malaysia?
Hulu is one of the best streaming platforms for people in Malaysia. However, you’ll need a trustworthy VPN and a way to pay for the service in Malaysia. Fortunately, there are other ways in which you can pay for your Hulu account while in Malaysia:
Pay for a Hulu Subscription Through a Hulu Gift Card
Here’s how you can bring a Hulu Gift Card into use:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN that has US servers, such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and click on the Hulu gift card (if MyGiftCardSupply doesn’t work, you can also use GiftCardCabin).
- Choose the value you want to add to the card (subscribe to save on multiple cards), and then proceed to check out.
- Pay with your local credit card or PayPal and add a link to redeem the card after getting an email confirmation.
- Now visit the Hulu gift card redemption page and log out of your account after clearing your browser.
- Click “Redeem,” and you’ll create a new Hulu account and enter a US ZIP Code.
- You can now log in to your new account and enjoy all your favorite movies and TV shows.
Pay for a Hulu Subscription By Using PayPal Payment Method
Follow the given steps to buy a Hulu account using your PayPal:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; we recommend using ExpressVPN and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server so that you can access Hulu.
- Now make sure you have a US PayPal account and sign up for Hulu by selecting PayPal as your payment method.
- Log in to Hulu and enjoy non-stop streaming!
Pay for a Hulu Subscription Through StatesPay
Below are the steps that will help you pay for Hulu in Malaysia:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN such as ExpressVPN and connect to the New York server.
- Create a StatesPay account. You’ll have to go to the website and click on “Sign up” to create a new account and add funds.
- Now use your new card information and sign up for Hulu.
- Pay for Hulu and you can start streaming Hulu from anywhere in the world.
Pay for a Hulu Subscription Via Virtual Prepaid Card
Follow the given steps to pay for Hulu using a Virtual Prepaid Card
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to the USA Visa website. Choose your card and follow the steps to sign up and add funds.
- Use a new card to create a Hulu account. You will need a US phone number and address when signing up.
- Congratulations! You’re all set to stream Hulu outside the US.
Pay for a Hulu Subscription Via iTunes
Here’s how you can pay for a Hulu account using your iTunes:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; we suggest using ExpressVPN because of its excellent security features and connect to a US server.
- Visit the iTunes website and log out if you already have an account.
- Create a new iTunes account using your gift card.
- You’re ready to stream Hulu from anywhere in the world.
Note: You can always count on your friends living in the US. It becomes quite easier if you ask them to purchase Hulu’s subscription for you, still, you’ll need a top-notch VPN to access Hulu from any restricted country.
How Much Is Hulu in Malaysia?
Hulu offers the following 3 price plans for people in Malaysia:
|Hulu (No Ads)
|Hulu + Live TV
*Note: The prices may change depending on the exchange rates.
Hulu Malaysia Price and Subscription Plans
Here are the different subscription plans that Hulu offers:
- You get a 30-day free trial.
- Six individuals can use a single Hulu account at the same time.
- US content is available on Hulu, but this plan has ads that may disrupt your streaming experience.
Hulu (No Ads)
- This plan also provides a 30-day free trial.
- Up to six users can access a single account at the same time.
- You can do ads-free streaming of all the US content.
Hulu + Live TV
- Hulu Live TV offers more than 100 channels to stream.
- Six individuals can use a single Hulu account at the same time.
- Subscribing to Hulu + Live TV gives you access to ESPN and Disney Plus.
- Watch your favorite shows on Hulu without any interruptions from advertisements.
Why Is Hulu Not Working in Malaysia?
Hulu – the geo-restricted streaming platform, is available only in the US because of its geo-restrictions and licensing laws. To bypass Hulu’s geo-restrictions, you must use a reliable VPN, as it can mask your Malaysian IP address and get one from an American server.
But if Hulu is not working even with a VPN, then these are the most common Hulu problems that may be the reason Hulu isn’t working:
- The Hulu app or Hulu website is down.
- Your internet connection is unstable.
- Your device has cache issues.
Why Am I Unable To Watch Hulu in Malaysia?
You may not be able to watch Hulu in Malaysia because of these common errors:
- Hulu Error Code 500
- Hulu Error Code 400
- Hulu Content Protected Error
- Hulu Playback Failure
- Hulu Error Code P-Dev 318
- Hulu Proxy Error
- Hulu Error Code 2(-998)
- Hulu HDCP Error
- Hulu Error Code Meta-data-2
How To Fix Hulu Errors in Malaysia?
Here is a quick glimpse of fixes that you can try if you face the following errors. However, if you want a detailed guide, you might visit the error link mentioned above:
How to Fix Hulu App Issues in Malaysia?
If you’re encountering issues with your Hulu app in Malaysia, then try the given quick troubleshooting steps:
- Create an appropriate power cycle.
- Restart the application.
- Close the application.
- Check your network connectivity.
- Optimize your network.
- Install the latest version of the application.
How Can I Fix Hulu Error Codes 400 and 500 in Malaysia?
Try the following troubleshooting ideas to fix the Hulu Error Codes 400 and 500:
- Delete and install the Hulu app on your streaming device.
- Update the Hulu app and power reboot the streaming device.
- Clear all the history and cache from your browser and your app.
How to Fix Hulu Protected Content License Error in Malaysia?
Here is how you can fix Hulu Protected Content License Error in Malaysia:
- Shut down your PC and inspect the cable connections.
- Check your network connection and ensure it’s working properly.
- Restart your router and the streaming device.
- Disable the auto display refresh rate.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Hulu app and the VPN app.
Which Devices are Compatible with Hulu Malaysia? [Updated List October 2023]
Here is a list of all the devices that are compatible with Hulu Malaysia:
Take a look at this list below to see all compatible devices:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xfinity TV Box
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
How to Download the Hulu Malaysia App on Android Devices?
- First, subscribe to a reputable VPN [ExpressVPN is our #1 recommendation] and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server.
- Go to your Android device’s Play Store.
- Search the Hulu app in the Play Store and click “install.”
- Sign in using your credentials after the installation.
- Voila! You’re all set to watch Hulu’s exclusive content on your Android.
How to Download the Hulu Malaysia App on iOS Devices?
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN. Download and install the VPN app on your iOS device.
- Connect to an American server; we suggest you use the New York
- Go to “Settings” on your iOS device and tap the Apple ID.
- Click “Media and Purchases > View Account.”
- Sign in and change the location to the US.
- Search for the Hulu app in the App Store.
- Finally, install, sign in, and stream Hulu on your iOS device outside the USA.
How can I get Hulu in Malaysia on Smart TVs?
- Get a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN. Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Make sure you have the router firmware.
- Connect to an American server; the New York server is recommended.
- Link your device to the router network and activate Hulu on your streaming device.
- There you have it! You can now watch Hulu from anywhere in the world.
Is There Anything Good To Watch On Hulu?
Yes, Hulu is home to a significant amount of binge-worthy content and has expanded its content offerings in recent years, including award-winning masterpieces like La La Land and Parasite to Emmy-winning shows like Modern Family and The Handmaid’s Tale.
Below are mentioned the top 10 TV shows and movies that are worth watching on Hulu:
What Shows Should You Watch On Hulu?
Following are the top 10 TV shows that you should watch on Hulu:
- Pen 15
- Tiny Beautiful Things
- Murder Comes To Town
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- How I Caught My Killer
- Single Drunk Female
- The Great
- The Good Mothers
- The Kardashians Season 4 on Hulu
What Are The Top 10 Movies On Hulu?
Here is a list of the top 10 movies on Hulu:
- The Deer King
- School Spirit
- All That We Destroyed
- The Drop
- Love At First Stream
- Quasi Movie
- The Breakfast Club
- The Offering
- The Company You Keep
Other Countries Where You Can Access Hulu with a VPN
Yes, you can watch Hulu content in other countries than Malaysia in the following countries:
How Can I Cancel My Hulu Subscription in Malaysia?
If you wish to discontinue your Hulu subscription in Malaysia, then here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Hulu’s official website https://www.hulu.com and sign in to your Hulu account.
- Tap on your account picture in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the subscription section.
- Select “Cancel” right next to your subscription.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your decision to discontinue your subscription.
- Click “Confirm,” and you’re subscription will be canceled.
Is Hulu Available in Malaysia?
No, Hulu is not originally available in Malaysia. However, you can still get Hulu in Malaysia by subscribing to a reputable VPN like ExpressVPN.
Can You Get Hulu For Free?
You can’t get Hulu for free, but you can avail of Hulu’s 30-day free trial by subscribing to the Hulu basic plan, which costs RM35.64.
Does Hulu Work With VPN?
Yes, Hulu does work with a VPN. However, ensure you’re using a top-quality VPN, as weak VPNs can’t give a stress-free streaming experience for Hulu.
Is It Safe To Unblock Hulu in Malaysia With a VPN?
It is safe to unblock Hulu in Malaysia with a VPN. Hulu can only be watched in the US and a few territories in Japan. But you can still watch it in Malaysia by using a reputable VPN.
Can I Share My Hulu Account With Friends Or Family in Malaysia?
Yes, you can share your Hulu account with friends or family in Malaysia; however, it’s important to remember that a single Hulu subscription only allows 2 individuals to stream simultaneously from different devices.
Is It Legal To Watch Hulu With a VPN in Malaysia?
Yes, watching Hulu with a VPN in Malaysia is legal until you’re not involved in any illegal activity connected to the VPN.
I hope the above-given guide has clarified everything for you regarding how to watch Hulu in Malaysia. So don’t let Hulu’s geo-blocking confuse you and keep you from enjoying Hulu’s top-rated content and use a reputable VPN such as ExpressVPN for seamless streaming and encrypted online activity.