Hulu has a huge variety of TV shows, some of which are available right after they air, as well as blockbuster series, films, and more. It also has a Live TV option, making it one of the few on-demand streaming services that may be a viable substitute for local cable or satellite subscriptions.
While Hulu is limited to the US and Japan, there’s good news for stream lovers. This article will show how a reliable VPN can help you access Hulu in Russia. Stick around to learn more.
How to Watch Hulu in Russia? [5 Quick Steps]
Follow the given 5 easy steps to watch Hulu in Russia:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN application on your device.
- Open the app and sign in to the VPN app using your credentials.
- Connect to an American server; the New York server is recommended.
- Open the Hulu’s website, sign in to your account, and go crazy with the streaming.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Hulu in Russia?
Hulu, owned by Walt Disney, is unfortunately geo-restricted because of copyright laws, and to bypass that geo-restriction, we need a VPN. If you try to access Hulu without a VPN, an error notice will appear on your screen saying:
“Hulu is not available to watch in your location.”
Wondering what a VPN does? It hides your real IP address and swaps it with an IP address you choose – like an American one, so you can access Hulu in Russia.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch Hulu in Russia
Following are the top 3 VPNs to watch Hulu in Russia with unique and specified features:
ExpressVPN – Reputable VPN to Watch Hulu in Russia
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs to watch Hulu in Russia, and here’s why:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to Watch Hulu in Russia
Surfshark is the most economical VPN to watch Hulu in Russia and offers the following amazing features:
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN – Efficient VPN to Watch Hulu in Russia
Read the following features to know why NordVPN is the most steady VPN to watch Hulu in Russia:
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How to Create a Hulu Account in Russia?
Follow these easy steps to create a Hulu account in Russia:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN; I’d recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app. Sign in to the VPN app.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Navigate to Hulu’s website and click “Sign up.”
- Choose a subscription plan and enter the required information.
- Choose any of the mentioned payment methods and proceed with the payment.
- Get done with the registration and have fun watching Hulu in Russia.
Which Devices Are Compatible With Hulu in Russia?
Following are the devices that are compatible with Hulu in Russia:
Take a look at this list below to see all compatible devices:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xfinity TV Box
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
How to Watch Hulu on Different Devices?
Hulu supports several devices that are used worldwide. Check out the following steps to learn how you can download and stream Hulu on different devices:
How to Watch Hulu on Android?
Follow these easy steps to watch Hulu in Russia:
- First, subscribe to a reputable VPN [ExpressVPN is recommended].
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Sign in to the VPN and connect to a US server.
- Go to your Android device’s Play Store.
- Search the Hulu app in the Play Store and click “install.”
- Sign in using your credentials after the installation.
- And finally, you’re all set to watch Hulu’s exclusive content on your Android.
How to Watch Hulu on iOS?
IOS users can use the following steps to watch Hulu in Russia:
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your iOS device and sign in.
- Connect to an American server; I suggest you use the New York server.
- Go to “Settings” on your iOS device and tap the Apple ID.
- Click “Media and Purchases > View Account.”
- Sign in and change the location to the US.
- Search for the Hulu app in the App Store.
- Install, sign in, and stream Hulu on your iOS device in Russia.
How to Download Hulu on Streaming Devices, Smart TVs, and Gaming Console
Get Hulu on your gaming consoles, smart TVs, and streaming devices by following these easy steps:
- Get a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Download, install the VPN on your device, and sign in to it.
- Make sure you have the router firmware.
- Connect to an American server; the New York server is recommended.
- Link your device to the router network and activate Hulu on your streaming device.
- Voila! You can now watch Hulu from anywhere in the world.
How to Watch Hulu Without a VPN?
Even though using a VPN is preferable because it’s safe and cares about its user’s privacy, there are two other methods to watch Hulu in Russia besides VPN.
Smart DNS can be used on devices that may not support VPNs. Smart DNS redirects your DNS request, wipes them off location data, and provides access to geo-restricted websites. However, this method does not encrypt data, so it’s not secure.
Browser Extension (Not Recommended)
Use browser extension and proxy servers to watch Hulu in Russia; however, this approach is not recommended because it requires extra security. A browser extension may expose your IP or DNS information, restricting your access to Hulu.
Which Live Channels are Available in Hulu in Russia?
Following is the list of top live channels available on Hulu in Russia:
What is the Cost of a Hulu Account in Russia?
Hulu provides different plans for its users; check out the following plans and get the plan of your choice:
|Hulu (No Ads)
|Hulu + Live TV
Hulu Subscription Plans in Russia
- You can get a 30-day free trial.
- US content is available, but this plan has ads that can interfere with your streaming experience.
- Six people can use a single account.
Hulu (No Ads)
- Six individuals can use a single Hulu account
- Watch all your favorite TV shows and movies without any disruption of ads.
- You get a 30-day free trial.
Hulu + Live TV
- It offers more than 100 channels to stream.
- You get access to ESPN and Disney Plus by subscribing to this plan.
- It provides a 30-day free trial.
- All your best-loved movies and TV shows can be enjoyed without ads.
How to Pay for Hulu in Russia?
There are different ways to pay for your Hulu account in Russia, which are:
How to Pay for Hulu By Using a Giftcard
Following are the given steps to pay your Hulu account by using a Gift card:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN that has US servers, such as ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app and sign in to it.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and click on the Hulu gift card (if MyGiftCardSupply doesn’t work, you can also use GiftCardCabin).
- Choose the value you want to add to the card (subscribe to save on multiple cards), and then proceed to check out.
- Pay with your local credit card or PayPal and add a link to redeem the card after getting an email confirmation.
- Now, visit the Hulu gift card redemption page and log out of your account after clearing your browser.
- Click “Redeem,” and you’ll create a new Hulu account and enter a US ZIP Code.
- You can now log in to your new account and enjoy all your favorite movies and TV shows.
How to Pay for Hulu By Using Prepaid Card
Use the following steps to pay for your Hulu account in Russia:
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to the USA Visa website.
- Choose your card and follow the steps to sign up and add funds.
- Use a new card to create a Hulu account. You will need a US phone number and address when signing up.
- Congratulations! You’re all set to stream Hulu outside the US.
How to Pay for Hulu By Using PayPal
Can’t find out how to pay for your Hulu account via PayPal? Use the following steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server so that you can access Hulu.
- Now, make sure you have a US PayPal account and sign up for Hulu by selecting PayPal as your payment method.
- Log in to Hulu and have fun with the non-stop streaming!
Watch Hulu With a VPN in Other Countries
Following are the countries you can watch Hulu in with a VPN:
- Outside the US
- The Philippines
- The UK
- New Zealand
Is It Safe To Use A Free VPN In Russia To Access Hulu?
Using a free VPN to access Hulu in Russia is not recommended, as they fail almost every time. Free VPNs are dangerous because they sell your data to a third party, so a premium VPN is always preferable.
Do Hulu Block VPNs?
Hulu can block a VPN if your VPN encrypts your traffic and shows your location. It only needs to track the IP ranges of certain VPNs and then ban them.
How can I stop Hulu from detecting my VPN?
Open your VPN app and select a new US server to connect to. By doing this, you will get a new American IP address, and you can trick Hulu into granting you access.
Can I access Hulu from different countries with the same account?
You can, but only with a VPN connection, as Hulu is geographically restricted outside the United States.
What apps are restricted in Russia?
- Heritage Sports
That concludes our guide on accessing Hulu in Russia. While it involves some steps, it becomes easy once you have a reputable VPN. The VPN recommendations I’ve provided above are excellent choices. Give them a try, and I assure you you won’t be disappointed.