Hulu is an American streaming platform that offers a wide range of TV shows and movies for everyone to stream. Award-winning blockbusters, such as The Handmaid’s Tale, Fall Out, Darby and the Dead, and many more, are available to watch. So call your friends and get those popcorn ready for a night of entertainment.
But before I proceed, a minor problem must be dealt with. You cannot watch Hulu in Zimbabwe because the platform is geo-restricted outside the US. But don’t worry, as I said, it’s a minor problem. All you need is a premium VPN subscription, like ExpressVPN, and you’re all set.
How to do that? Scroll down for further details.
How to Watch Hulu in Zimbabwe with a VPN? [Easy Steps]
Need quick help with setting up Hulu? Follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN provider, like the reputable ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Log in to the VPN app using your credentials while signing up.
- Connect to one of the many US-based servers.
- Finally, sign in to your Hulu account and start streaming smoothly.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Stream Hulu in Zimbabwe?
Despite its global significance as a streaming platform, Hulu is officially available only in the US and certain cities in Japan. This is due to the geo-restrictive policies integrated into its systems, which renders the platform inaccessible anywhere outside the US.
If you do try to access Hulu in regions other than the two mentioned above, you’ll face the following error:
“Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location”
As disappointing as this error may seem, there is a way out. To get Hulu in Zimbabwe, you require a premium VPN subscription. Why? Because a VPN allows you to hide your actual geographical location and access Hulu’s content by connecting you to a US-based server.
This tricks Hulu into believing you’re steaming from within the US. To perform this task efficiently, I recommend you get the highly trusted ExpressVPN.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu in Zimbabwe [In-Depth Analysis]
To further guide you about which VPN to get, here are the features and pricing options for 3 highly demanded ones:
ExpressVPN – Most Trusted VPN
ExpressVPN is one of the most reliable VPNs because of the following specifications:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark — Most Economical VPN
Cost-efficient yet effective, Surfshark promises the best performance with the following features:
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN — Most Secure VPN
NordVPN provides the best features without compromising your security:
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How to Create a Hulu Account in Zimbabwe?
Have a first-time signing up on Hulu? Here’s how you can easily do so:
- Subscribe to and download a reliable VPN. I would recommend ExpressVPN.
- Once you’ve installed it, connect to a US-based server.
- Visit Hulu’s official website.
- Click on the Signup button.
- Select one of the four Hulu subscription plans.
- Enter the required information.
- Select a payment method and type your billing details.
- The sign-up process is complete now; you can log into your Hulu account and start streaming.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch Hulu in Zimbabwe?
You can use a free VPN to stream your favourite Hulu shows. But before you press that download button, take a look at the following three reasons why you shouldn’t use a free VPN:
- Free VPNs have highly limited bandwidth and speeds, which aren’t in compliance with the minimum speed requirement for streaming Hulu smoothly. Additionally, the number of servers offered is also limited, and Hulu already blocks them.
- These VPNs need to be more powerful to bypass the geo-restrictions imposed by Hulu.
- Lastly, and most importantly, Free VPNs put your data’s safety at risk because, in exchange for their free services, they’re known to sell user data to third parties.
Now, decide whether to risk your data’s safety or stream smoothly and safely by subscribing to a premium VPN, like the trustworthy ExpressVPN.
Read More: How To Watch Hulu In Mexico
How Much Does Hulu Cost in Zimbabwe?
Hulu offers its subscribers four different plans to choose from. Refer to their features and prices below:
Hulu Basic – for ZWD 2,573/month
- You can stream on 6 devices simultaneously.
- A 30-day free trial period is included in this plan.
- This is an ad-supported plan.
Hulu (Ad-free) – for ZWD 4,827/month
- Ads are now removed with an additional amount.
- Connect with 6 devices at the same time.
- A 30-day free trial period is included in this plan, too.
Hulu + Live TV – for ZWD 22,537/month
- Live stream both Disney+ and ESPN+ content.
- More than 60 channels are now available.
- On-demand content is available.
- This plan comes with ads.
- A 7-day free trial period is included.
Hulu + Live TV (No Ads) – for ZWD 26,723/month
- On-demand content but without any ads.
- Disney+ is ad-free, but ESPN+ is not.
- 7 day free trial period is included.
How to Pay for Hulu in Zimbabwe?
Paying for your Hulu subscription should be simple. So, here are five highly convenient and secure payment methods for you:
How To Pay For Hulu By Using a Gift Card
Here’s how you can pay for Hulu by using a Gift Card:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN that has US servers, such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and click on the Hulu gift card (if MyGiftCardSupply doesn’t work, you can also use GiftCardCabin).
- Choose the value you want to add to the card (subscribe to save on multiple cards), and then proceed to check out.
- Pay with your local credit card or PayPal and add a link to redeem the card after getting an email confirmation.
- Now, visit the Hulu gift card redemption page and log out of your account after clearing your browser.
- Click “Redeem,” and you’ll create a new Hulu account and enter a US ZIP Code.
- You can now log in to your new account and enjoy all your favorite movies and TV shows.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using PayPal
Follow the given steps to pay for Hulu by using PayPal:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server so that you can access Hulu.
- Now, make sure you have a US PayPal account and sign up for Hulu by selecting PayPal as your payment method.
- Log in to Hulu and enjoy non-stop streaming!
How To Pay For Hulu By Using StatesPay
The following steps will help you pay for Hulu by using StatesPay:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN like ExpressVPN and connect to the New York server.
- Create a StatesPay account. You must go to the website and click “Sign up” to create a new account and add funds.
- Now, use your new card information and sign up for Hulu.
- Pay for Hulu, and you can start streaming Hulu from anywhere in the world.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using A Prepaid Card
Follow these 4 quick steps to pay for Hulu by using a Prepaid Card:
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to the USA Visa website. Choose your card and follow the steps to sign up and add funds.
- Use a new card to create a Hulu account. You will need a US phone number and address when signing up.
- Congratulations! You’re all set to stream Hulu outside the US.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using iTunes
Here’s how you can pay for Hulu by using iTunes:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; I suggest using ExpressVPN because of its excellent security features and connection to a US server.
- Visit the iTunes website and log out if you already have an account.
- Create a new iTunes account using your gift card.
- You’re ready to stream Hulu from anywhere in the world.
How to Watch Hulu in Zimbabwe on Different Devices?
Those devices and operating systems that are widely used worldwide are supported by Hulu. Here are the downloading steps for three major ones:
How To Download Hulu on Android
Here’s how you can download Hulu on Android:
- First, subscribe to a reputable VPN [ExpressVPN is our #1 recommendation] and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server.
- Go to your Android device’s Play Store.
- Search the Hulu app in the Play Store and click “install.”
- Sign in using your credentials after the installation.
- Voila! You’re all set to watch Hulu’s exclusive content on your Android.
How To Get Hulu on iOS
Follow the given steps to get Hulu on iOS:
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN. Download and install the VPN app on your iOS device.
- Connect to an American server; I suggest you use the New York server.
- Go to “Settings” on your iOS device and tap the Apple ID.
- Click “Media and Purchases > View Account.”
- Sign in and change the location to the US.
- Search for the Hulu app in the App Store.
- Finally, install, sign in, and stream Hulu on your iOS device outside the USA.
Download Hulu on Streaming Devices, Smart TVs, and Gaming Consoles
The following steps will help you download Hulu on streaming devices, smart TVs, and gaming consoles:
- Get a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN and download and install the VPN on your device.
- Make sure you have the router firmware.
- Connect to an American server; the New York server is recommended.
- Link your device to the router network and activate Hulu on your streaming device.
- There you have it! You can now watch Hulu from anywhere in the world.
Other Devices Compatible with Hulu
Asides from the three mentioned above, here’s a glimpse at other devices compatible with Hulu:
Take a look at this list below to see all compatible devices:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xfinity TV Box
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
Alternative Methods to Sign Up to Hulu in Zimbabwe
In the case of certain devices with which VPNs aren’t compatible, you’ll need an alternative method to stream Hulu. Here are two methods you can employ as per your device requirements and compatibility:
A Smart DNS uses your DNS to unblock geo-restricted websites. It works by routing your DNS queries specifically through a remote server while hiding your real location and IP address. This method is effective when you need access to geo-restricted content while the rest of your traffic data remains unencrypted. If you wish to employ this method, I suggest using ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer feature, which comes with extra-fast connections to enable smooth streaming on Hulu.
Browser Extension (Not Recommended)
This method is highly unreliable because thousands of others already use the server that browser extensions route your traffic through. Moreover, Hulu’s website blocks most browser proxy extensions because it’s easier for its systems to detect the servers assigned by these browser proxy extensions. Hence, I don’t suggest using this method.
Read More: How to Watch Hulu in Germany
Why is Hulu not Working with a VPN in Zimbabwe? [Quick Fixes]
While streaming on Hulu, you may encounter certain errors. Below is a list of the most common ones:
- Hulu Error Code 3 and 5
- Hulu Error Code 503
- Hulu Error Code 500
- Hulu Error Code 400
- Hulu HDCP errors
- Hulu Playback Failure
- Hulu Proxy Error
- Hulu Protected Content Error
To get rid of these errors, here are some tried-and-tested solutions:
- Check your internet connections: to stream Hulu smoothly, you need a minimum of 6 Mbps. Check via Fast.com if your internet speed is lower than the specified minimum. Moreover, you can move your device closer to the router or contact your ISP.
- Active Hulu subscription: check through your Hulu account to see if your subscription is still valid and hasn’t expired.
- Check if Hulu’s servers are down: your error may be related to a server being down. In this case, you only wait for the issue to be resolved on Hulu’s end. You can also check server status through Down Detector.
- Clear Hulu app cache: it may be that your app cache and data are taking up space and need to be cleared.
- Compatibility with Hulu: it may be that Hulu does not support your device.
- Update or reinstall your Hulu app.
- DNS or IP Leak: A DNS leak happens when your DNS queries fail to go through the encryption tunnel of your VPN. At the same time, an IP leak occurs when your IP address is revealed when it was supposed to be concealed. In both cases, Hulu will detect the leaks and show an error. Here’s how to conduct a DNS or IP leak test.
- Contact your VPN provider: if none of the solutions above has worked, you may contact your VPN service provider for assistance.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription in Zimbabwe?
If you’re not interested in streaming Hulu anymore, here’s how you can cancel your subscription:
- Sign into your Hulu account.
- Go to ‘Account’ from the main menu.
- Under ‘Subscription,’ click on ‘Cancel Subscription’.
- You’ll be prompted to pause your subscription.
- Complete the process by clicking on ‘Cancel’.
If you’re going away temporarily, Hulu also allows you to pause your subscription.
What to Watch on Hulu in Zimbabwe?
Can’t decide what to watch on Hulu? Let me guide you with a few popular titles you can start with.
Best Shows to Watch on Hulu in Zimbabwe
Here are some of the best TV shows you can start from:
- Secret Invasion
- Only Murders in the Building
- Normal People
- American Horror Story
- Pretty Little Liars
- The Good Doctor
- The Kardashians Season 4 on Hulu
- Little Fires Everywhere
- Veronica Mars
Best Movies to Watch on Hulu in Zimbabwe
These blockbusters are not to be missed out on:
- Minding the Gap
- Sleeping With Other People
- Triangle of Sadness
- Boston Stranglers
- The Girl Next Door
- We’re the Millers
- Sweet Home Alabama
- Step Brothers
Best Hulu Originals to Watch in Zimbabwe
In terms of quality entertainment, you can’t beat these Hulu Originals:
- How I Met Your Father
- Nine Perfect Strangers
- Life & Beth
- The Mindy Project
- The Great
- The Dropout
Best Hulu Live TV Channels
Hulu has 60+ channels to watch. Here are some of those:
- Animal Planet
- BBC America
- Universal Kids
- Food Network
- Comedy Central
- Game Show Network
Other Countries to Access Hulu With a VPN
After subscribing to a reliable VPN provider, you can stream Hulu in 100+ countries across the world:
- The UK
- New Zealand
- The Netherlands
US ZIP Codes to Unblock Hulu in Zimbabwe
Below is a list of US ZIP codes that you can use:
|90001 – 90089
|90209 – 90213
|60601 – 60641
|20001 – 20020
|85001 – 85055
|78701 – 78705
|33124 – 33190
|30301 – 30381
|02101 – 02137
|10001 – 10048
Does Hulu detect VPNs?
Yes, Hulu does detect VPNs. Since it keeps track of IP addresses accessing its services, the moment its intelligent systems detect an IP address connected via a VPN, Hulu blocks that specific IP address.
When is Hulu coming to Zimbabwe?
There is no news of any such plans. But considering Disney’s announcement of expansion plans for Hulu, we can hope that Zimbabwe is included.
Why is Hulu not accepting my zip code?
If Hulu isn’t accepting your zip code, you may be typing a code different from the one you’ve submitted as your billing zip code. You can check your Hulu Billing Statement to ensure you’re typing the correct zip code.
Is it legal to use a VPN to watch Hulu in Zimbabwe?
Yes, using a VPN to watch Hulu in Zimbabwe is legal. All you need is a subscription to a reliable premium VPN, and you’re all set.
Wrapping It All Up!
I hope that by the end of this article, all your queries have been cleared, and you won’t face any problems while trying to stream Hulu in Zimbabwe. After subscribing to a premium VPN provider, like the credible ExpressVPN, you can rest assured that there won’t be any streaming issues.
Have fun binging on your favourite shows and movies. If you have any questions, please reach out in the comments below.