Are you a streaming enthusiast always searching for a different streaming experience? Then, we’re sure you’ve heard about Xfinity and how it improves your streaming experience.
Combining Hulu’s expansive library of top-rated content with Xfinity gives you the experience of a lifetime. So join our easy guide in which we’ll tell you how to use Xfinity to watch Hulu.
But since Hulu is a geo-restricted streaming platform, we’ll also explain how you can bypass its geo-restriction using a premium VPN.
How To Watch Hulu On Xfinity TV Box? [6 Quick Steps – January 2024]
Follow the given steps to watch Hulu on Xfinity:
- Switch on your Xfinity TV Box, and ensure it’s connected to your Wi-Fi.
- Go to the home screen and click on the Smart Hub option.
- Choose Apps, and then search for the Hulu app.
- Install the Hulu app on your Xfinity TV Box and activate the Hulu app.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Choose your Profile, and there you have it!
Now, you can stream your favorite shows and movies on Xfinity TV Box.
*Note: If you’re wondering how to watch Hulu from a geo-restricted region, before the 3rd step, it’s advised to subscribe to a reliable VPN such as ExpressVPN, connect to an American server of the VPN, and then install Hulu.
What Is Xfinity TV Box?
Xfinity is a voice-modulated 4K streaming set-top box that lets you access over 10,000 free movies and shows from all your streaming platforms, such as Netflix and Hulu, on your TV. The Xfinity box, by default, comes with an in-built Xfinity internet bundle for free. This implies that you can enjoy two services at the price of one.
Why Do You Need A VPN To Watch Hulu On Xfinity TV Box In Geo-Restricted Regions?
Hulu is a geo-restricted streaming platform that cannot be accessed outside the USA. If you try to access Hulu from anywhere outside the USA, you will land on this page:
You will need a premium VPN to bypass this geo-restriction and access Hulu easily from anywhere.
A VPN masks your local IP address and manipulates Hulu by doing the Hulu location trick, making Hulu think you’re watching its content from the USA. So, you must get a reputable VPN to unblock the Hulu app on Xfinity.
Read More: How to Watch Game of Thrones on Hulu
Top 3 VPNs To Watch Hulu On Xfinity TV
Choosing the best VPN to stream Hulu on Xfinity might be challenging. So we’ve done the hard work for you and selected the top 3 VPNs to watch Hulu on Xfinity:
ExpressVPN – The Most Transparent VPN To Watch Hulu On Xfinity TV
ExpressVPN is the #1 VPN to watch Hulu on Xfinity TV because of its following amazing features:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – The Most Cost-Effective VPN To Watch Hulu On An Xfinity TV
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN – A VPN With Highly Optimized Servers To Watch Hulu On Xfinity TV
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How Much Does Hulu Cost On Xfinity TV Box? (Pricing and Plans)
Hulu has 3 price plans. Take a look at the details of each plan and choose one that fits your preference:
Hulu Basic – $7.99/month
- This plan costs only $7.99/month and comes with a 30-day free trial.
- Six profiles can use the Hulu Basic plan.
- This plan has all the content on Hulu US. However, the ads may disrupt your streaming experience.
Hulu (No Ads) – $17.99/month
- The Hulu (No Ads) plan costs only $14.99/month and offers a 30-day free trial.
- Six users can access a single account.
- This plan has all the US content; no ads will disturb you while streaming.
Hulu + Live TV – $76.99/month
- The Hulu + Live TV plan provides over 100 channels to stream.
- Six users can use a single Hulu account.
- Subscribing to Hulu + Live TV gives you bonus access to ESPN and Disney Plus.
- You can stream your favorite Hulu shows and movies without interruptions from advertisements.
How To Sign Up for the Hulu App On Flex and X1?
Want to sign up and get the Hulu app on Xfinity Flex and X1? Follow the given steps:
- Say “Hulu” into the Xfinity Remote to launch the app from the Apps menu in Flex or X1.
- While the app is being loaded, you’ll be redirected to a Hulu screen.
- Choose “Start your free trial” to check out the subscription plans. 2 subscriptions are available through the Hulu App on X1: Hulu Basic and Hulu Premium. However, you won’t be able to see the Hulu + Live TV subscription option.
- The Hulu app on Flex offers Hulu Premium, Hulu Basic, and Hulu + Live TV. This implies you don’t need an existing Hulu + Live TV subscription to subscribe through Xfinity.
- Select the Hulu + Live TV subscription on your Xfinity Flex, and you’ll be redirected to hulu.com/start/flex on your PC or mobile device. Enter the code that you can see displayed on your TV screen.
- Once you choose the plan, you’ll be asked to create your account.
- Choose the email option. You can sign up with an existing email or add a new one.
- After entering your details, you’ll be given the details of your selected plan. Tap “Subscribe” or “Cancel,” then enter your PIN.
- You’ll receive confirmation that your Hulu account has been successfully made, so manage your plan and enjoy your Hulu subscription on Xfinity.
Can I Access Hulu + Live TV On Flex Or X1?
Yes, you can access Hulu + Live TV on Flex or X1. The Hulu + Live TV plan doesn’t require any subscription and can be easily accessed on Xfinity.
Other Compatible Devices With Hulu
Following are the compatible devices with Hulu other than Xfinity:
Take a look at this list below to see all compatible devices:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xfinity TV Box
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
Can You Access Hulu On Xfinity TV Box In Other Countries?
Yes, you can watch Hulu on Xfinity TV Box in the following other countries:
- Hulu in Canada
- Hulu in New Zealand
- Hulu in Australia
- Hulu in Malaysia
- Hulu in UK
- Hulu in France
- Hulu in Philippines
- Hulu in UAE
- Hulu in Mexico
- Hulu in Ireland
- Hulu in French Guiana
- Hulu in the Czech Republic
- Hulu in Spain
- Hulu in Cuba
- Hulu in Croatia
- Hulu In Turkey
- Hulu in Italy
- Hulu in Europe
- Hulu in Thailand
- Hulu in South Africa
- Hulu in Jamaica
- Hulu in Germany
How Do I Cancel My Subscription To Hulu On Xfinity TV Box?
If you want to discontinue Hulu on Xfinity and are wondering how to cancel Hulu on Xfinity, then follow the given steps:
- Open your Xfinity Streaming TV Box.
- Go to your Xfinity Streaming TV Box’s Apps and Subscriptions Management menu.
- It’s right under “Apps and Subscriptions” in Flex Settings.
- You can even get it by saying “Manage Hulu” into your Xfinity Voice Remote.
- Select “Unsubscribe” and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Your Hulu subscription must be canceled by now.
- But if you’re having issues accessing this menu, then visit hulu.com/account.
Is Hulu Available In 4K On Xfinity?
Is Hulu In HD?
Does Watching Hulu Count Against My Monthly Internet Data Usage?
I Forgot My Hulu Username Or Password. How Do I Find My Username Or Reset My Password?
How Do I Block Access To Hulu On Flex Or X1?
- Go to Settings > Parental Controls > TV Rating Locks to set parental controls to limit the TV-MA content.
- You’ll need a parental control PIN to unlock the Hulu app once it has been locked.
- You can block the Hulu app by using the application lock.
Wrapping it Up!
There you have it. If you’re trying to enjoy the unique experience of streaming Hulu on your Xfinity device from anywhere outside the USA, then you know the drill. Get a subscription to a premium VPN; nobody can stop you from watching your favorite TV shows and movies on Hulu.
Get your friends, get some chips and drinks, and let the non-stop binging begin!