Hulu has undoubtedly been a lot of binge-watchers’ go-to streaming platform because of its vast library of TV shows and exciting movies. So, if you have an Apple TV and want to immerse yourself in the streaming world and are wondering if Hulu is on Apple TV? Then, my friend, let me tell you that Hulu is available on Apple TV.
You can’t access Hulu outside the USA because of its geo-restrictions unless you use a reputable and reliable VPN provider. Read this simple guide till the end and learn how to watch Hulu on Apple TV outside the USA.
Read More: How to Fix Hulu Error Code 503
How To Activate The Hulu on Apple TV in 2024? [3 Quick Steps]
Does Apple TV support Hulu? Yes, Apple TV does support Hulu, and here’s how you can activate Hulu on your Apple TV:
- Switch on your Apple TV and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Look for the “Watch Hulu on Your Devices” section on your Account’s page, or go directly to hulu.com/activate.
- A unique code will pop up on your TV screen. Enter the code and wait 30 seconds, and you’ll be logged in.
You’re now all set to enjoy streaming Hulu on your Apple TV.
How To Download Hulu on Apple TV Outside USA [5 Quick Steps]
Wondering how to get Hulu on Apple TV by setting up a VPN? Follow these 5 quick steps and download Hulu on Apple TV:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; ExpressVPN is my top recommendation.
- Connect to an American server of the VPN; the New York server is suggested.
- Search for the Hulu app in the App Store of your Apple TV.
- Download and install the app.
- Register a new account using a ZIP code, or just enter your credentials for Hulu login if you already have an account.
Voila! You’re now all ready to watch Hulu on Apple TV.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in Geo-restricted Regions?
You need to set up a VPN to access Hulu outside the USA because Hulu is a geo-blocked streaming platform with an IP-tracking technology that doesn’t let users access the service outside the USA.
Even if you try to access the platform without a VPN, it will block your access by tracking your local IP, and you’ll get the following error message:
You need a VPN so this doesn’t happen because a premium VPN does the Hulu location trick that masks your local IP and manipulates Hulu into thinking you’re watching it from the USA.
3 Best VPNs To Work With Hulu Outside USA in 2024
You must use a premium VPN to get Hulu on Apple TV outside the USA. Take a look at the 3 best VPNs to work with Hulu outside USA:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN For Watching Hulu on Apple TV Outside USA
There’s a reason behind calling ExpressVPN the best VPN for watching Hulu on Apple TV outside the USA. Check out its unique features and believe it for yourself:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – Affordable VPN For Unblocking Hulu on Apple TV Outside USA
Do you want to know what’s the most affordable VPN with excellent services out there? Well, it is Surfshark for me because of the following features:
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN – Fastest VPN For Streaming Hulu on Apple TV Outside USA
The following features of NordVPN make it one of the best VPNs to watch Hulu on Apple TV:
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How To Watch Hulu On Apple TV? [3 Easy Methods]
Here are the 3 easy methods by which you can watch Hulu on Apple TV:
- Browse your Apple TV’s App Store, search for the Hulu app, and download it.
- Ask Siri to “Find the Hulu app” for you.
- If anybody in your family already has the Hulu app on their device and has the same Apple ID, you can get the app from your Apple TV’s Purchased section in the App Store.
Does Hulu Work With Smart DNS On Apple TV?
Yes, Hulu does work with Smart DNS on Apple TV. Learn how to configure the DNS on Apple TV using a MediaStreamer DNS IP address to access Hulu by following the given steps:
- Go to Apple TV’s “Settings” then “Network” and click on your connected Wi-Fi network.
- Search for the “Configure DNS option and enter your MediaStreamer DNS IP Address by selecting Manual.
- Restart your Apple TV, and once your TV turns on, go to the Apple App Store.
- Find the Hulu app and click “Get.”
- Log in to your Hulu app using your credentials.
There you have it; you can now watch Hulu on Apple TV using Smart DNS.
What Generation Of Apple TV Supports Hulu Streaming?
Only the 4th generation of Apple TV and the Apple TV 4K work for Hulu. However, you can watch Hulu using AirPlay to watch Hulu’s content from your mobile phone, MacBook, or iPhone to a big-screen Apple TV.
How Do I Download Hulu On My Old Apple TV?
If Hulu is not working on your old Apple TV, then you can try these alternative methods:
- Install Hulu on a different streaming device or your game console and connect it to your Apple TV.
- Cast Hulu from a mobile device onto your TV using a Chromecast.
How Much Is Hulu To Stream On Apple TV?
Want to find out what the monthly charge of Hulu is? Well, Hulu has 3 price plans, which are as follows:
|Hulu (No Ads)
|Hulu + Live TV
Hulu Subscription Plans
Following are Hulu’s subscription plans:
- Hulu offers a 30-day free trial.
- Up to 6 individuals can use a single Hulu account simultaneously.
- All US content is available on Hulu. However, the ads may disrupt your streaming experience.
Hulu (No Ads)
- This plan offers a 30-day free trial.
- Up to 6 users can access a single account simultaneously.
- With this plan, it’s ads-free streaming of all the US content.
Hulu + Live TV
- Hulu Live TV provides over 100 channels to stream.
- Up to 6 individuals can use a single Hulu account simultaneously.
- Subscribing to Hulu Live TV gives you bonus access to ESPN and Disney Plus.
- You can watch your favorite shows on Hulu without any interruptions from advertisements.
Why Can’t I Get Hulu On Apple TV?
You can get the Hulu app on Apple TV outside the USA by following the guide mentioned above, but if you can’t get it on Apple TV, then it’s because there’s an issue with your Apple TV or the Hulu app itself.
Reinstalling the Hulu app and thoroughly refreshing your smartphone in a situation like this is a quick yet good fix. By doing this, you’ll also be clearing any corrupted cached data.
If you still can’t access Hulu on Apple TV, then try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check if your Apple TV is compatible with the latest version of Hulu or not.
- Check if you have a stable internet connection and try to restart it.
- Force Close the Hulu app.
- Turn off the “Send Data option” on your Apple TV.
- Update your Hulu app.
How To Cancel Hulu Subscription On Apple TV?
Follow the given steps to cancel your Hulu subscription on your Apple TV:
- Go to Hulu’s official website https://www.hulu.com and sign in to your Hulu account.
- Tap on your account picture in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the subscription section.
- Select “Cancel” right next to your subscription.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your decision to discontinue your subscription.
- Click “Confirm,” and you’re subscription will be canceled.
What Other Devices, Except For Apple TV, Can I Watch Hulu On?
You can get Hulu outside the USA on the following devices other than Apple TV:
Take a look at this list below to see all compatible devices:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xfinity TV Box
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
Can You Access Hulu On Apple TV In Other Countries?
Yes, you can watch Hulu on Apple TV in the following other countries:
- Hulu in Canada
- Hulu in New Zealand
- Hulu in Australia
- Hulu in Malaysia
- Hulu in UK
- Hulu in France
- Hulu in Philippines
- Hulu in UAE
- Hulu in Mexico
- Hulu in Ireland
- Hulu in French Guiana
- Hulu in the Czech Republic
- Hulu in Spain
- Hulu in Cuba
- Hulu in Croatia
- Hulu In Turkey
- Hulu in Italy
- Hulu in Europe
- Hulu in Thailand
- Hulu in South Africa
- Hulu in Jamaica
- Hulu in Germany
Can I get Hulu on my Apple TV outside the USA?
Is Hulu Plus free on Apple TV?
Why is Hulu not working on Apple TV?
Is 4K Hulu available on Apple TV, and how do you get it?
- Visit “Apple App Store.”
- Search for the Hulu app.
- Select the app and tap on the Get button.
- Enter your login information.
- Enjoy Hulu streaming in 4K resolution.
How do I log into Hulu on my Apple TV?
- Click “Log in” from the “Home screen” of the Hulu app.
- Tap on the “Log in this device” option.
- Enter your email address and password to log in.
- Select your profile and use your Apple TV Hulu subscription.
How to turn on subtitles on Hulu Apple TV?
Can’t find the App Store on your Apple TV?
How to Update Hulu App on Apple TV?
Which Apple TV supports Hulu Live?
How do you log out of Hulu on Apple TV?
- Click on the Account icon from the global navigation bar.
- Scroll down a bit and click on the logout option.
- Confirm your logout by clicking on the logout option.
I hope this guide has helped you understand how to watch Hulu on Apple TV. So enjoy the immersive experience of watching Hulu on your sleek Apple TV (above 3rd generation).
If you’re outside the USA, you won’t be able to watch Hulu unless you use a trustworthy VPN. So get a subscription to a reputable VPN such as ExpressVPN, and no one can stop you from binging on your favorite Hulu TV shows and movies.