With its extensive library of thousands of TV shows, movies, and live channels, Hulu is one of the top streaming platforms. Owned by The Walt Disney Company, the platform has many options for watching the service on Roku’s various devices.
So if you want to binge on the exclusive content of the on-demand streaming platform, follow this guide, as it has all the updated information that will help you watch Hulu on Roku in the USA and outside the USA with the help of a reputable VPN provider.
How to Get Hulu on Roku in 2024? [Easy Guide]
Want to stream Hulu on Roku? Follow this step-by-step easy guide to watch Hulu on Roku in 2023:
- Visit Hulu’s official website and create a Hulu account.
- Switch on your Roku device > click the Home button > press Streaming Channels.
- Connect your Roku device to an HDMI port of your TV and turn it on with the AC adapter. Now navigate to Search Channels > type Hulu > click on the app.
- Click the Add Channel button, and your Roku device will download the app.
- Return to your Home Screen, open the Hulu app, go to the sign-in page, and enter your credentials.
Congratulations! You can now stream TV shows and movies that have been on your watch list for a long time.
*Note: Keep in mind that if you’re trying to do the same process from anywhere outside the USA, then before creating a Hulu account, you’ll have to subscribe to a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN and connect to the New York server of the VPN to bypass Hulu’s geo-restrictions.
How Do I Activate Hulu On Roku?
Follow the given steps to activate Hulu on Roku:
- Go to Roku’s home screen by using the Roku device’s remote.
- Search the Roku channel store to find the Hulu channel.
- Add the Hulu channel.
- Open the Hulu app and sign up for Hulu on Roku with your credentials.
- Select your profile and start streaming Hulu on Roku.
How To Set Up a Roku Account For Watching Hulu in the USA?
Follow the given steps if you want to know how to set up a US Roku account:
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN provider [we recommend using ExpressVPN].
- Launch the VPN app, and sign in using your username and password.
- Choose an American server [we recommend using the New York server].
- Go to Roku’s official website to create a Roku account in the USA.
- Select US as your country from the given list, enter a US ZIP code, and save.
Why Do You Need A VPN To Watch Hulu On Roku From Abroad?
You need a VPN to watch Hulu on Roku from abroad because Hulu is a geo-restricted streaming platform, and because of that, it doesn’t let anybody from outside the USA access it.
Even if you try to access the streaming platform from abroad on your Roku device, you’ll get the following message on the screen:
“Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location”
But don’t let this disappoint you, as you can easily use a premium VPN to get Hulu on Roku in geo-restricted regions.
A top-quality VPN such as ExpressVPN does the Hulu location trick by changing your IP address and tricks Hulu into thinking that you’re accessing the platform from anywhere in the USA.
Read More: How to Watch Hulu on Nintendo Switch
3 Best VPNs To Watch Hulu On Roku Outside USA
Following are the 3 best VPNs to watch Hulu on Roku outside the USA:
ExpressVPN – Best Roku VPN For Watching Hulu Outside USA
Following are the features that make ExpressVPN mine and 4 million active subscribers’ #1 choice:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – Affordable Roku VPN For Hulu Outside USA
Surfshark, famous for its affordability, has the following amazing features:
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN – Secure VPN For Hulu On Roku Outside USA
NordVPN, known to have next-generation encryption, has the following amazing features:
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
Can You Watch Hulu On Older Roku Models?
Older Roku models, such as Roku Streaming Stick (including models 3420 or older) and Streaming Video Player Roku (including models 2400 to 3100), can’t access Hulu with limitations. They need to use the conventional Hulu Roku application, which doesn’t support Hulu Live on Roku or the premium add-ons.
On the other hand, the newer Roku devices support the full Hulu application, but users must ensure they have updated the app to the 8.1 firmware.
Which Roku Devices Are Compatible With Hulu?
The following Roku devices are compatible with Hulu:
- Roku LT (2700X)
- Roku Express
- Roku Express+
- 4K Roku Ultra
- 4K Roku Ultra LT
- 4K Roku Streaming Stick+
- 4K Roku Smart Speaker
- 4K Roku Premiere
- 4K Roku Premiere+
- Roku Streaming Stick
- Roku 1
- Roku 2
- Roku 3
- Roku 4
Which Roku TV Models Support Hulu?
These are the Roku TV models that support Hulu:
- Android Devices
What Are The Roku Devices That Don’t Support Hulu?
Following are the devices that don’t support Hulu:
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku 2 HD models 3000X and 3050X
- Roku HD model 2500X
- Roku LT model 2400X and 2450X
- Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X and 3420X
How Much Does Hulu on Roku Cost?
There are 3 Hulu plans. You can choose the one that best suits your demands from the following:
|Hulu (No Ads)
|Hulu + Live TV
Hulu Subscription Plans
Following are Hulu’s subscription plans:
- You get a 30-day free trial.
- Six individuals can use a single Hulu account at the same time.
- US content is available on Hulu, but this plan has ads that may disrupt your streaming experience.
Hulu (No Ads)
- This plan also provides a 30-day free trial.
- Up to six users can access a single account at the same time.
- You can do ads-free streaming of all the US content.
Hulu + Live TV
- Hulu Live TV offers more than 100 channels to stream.
- Six individuals can use a single Hulu account at the same time.
- Subscribing to Hulu + Live TV gives you access to ESPN and Disney Plus.
- Watch your favorite shows on Hulu without any interruptions from advertisements.
How Can I Download Hulu Content on Roku?
Follow the given steps to download Hulu content on Roku:
- Subscribe to Hulu’s ad-free plan that costs $17.99/month.
- Every downloadable content will display a download logo next to the TV show/movie title. Select the “Download option” from that page.
- At the end of the application, you’ll see a Downloads button; click on the button to watch all the offline files.
What are the Compatible Devices of Hulu Other than Roku?
Hulu is compatible with several streaming devices. The following is a list of some of the devices that are compatible with Hulu other than Roku:
Take a look at this list below to see all compatible devices:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xfinity TV Box
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
What Are Some Other Streaming Services Available On Roku?
Besides Hulu, the following are the streaming services that are available on Roku:
- Disney Plus
- Amazon Prime Video
- Apple TV Plus
- BBC iPlayer
- Now TV
How To Fix Hulu On Roku If Not Working?
If you’re encountering issues like the Hulu app not working on Roku, try the following fixes:
- Ensure that Hulu is compatible with your Roku device.
- Restart your system.
- Update the Hulu app.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Hulu app.
- Clear the cached data on Roku TV.
- Restart the Network Router.
- Make sure that the Hulu servers are working properly.
- Upgrade your Roku device and broadcast it on Hulu.
- If nothing helps, contact Hulu support.
How Do I Change The Language Of Hulu On Roku?
Here is how you can change the language of Hulu on Roku:
- Use your Roku remote and press the “*” button on it.
- You’ll be shown the Audio Menu. Select the subtitle setting and select your desired language.
- Go back to Roku home, and in settings, click on System > select System Update > select Check Now.
- This will download any available Roku software.
- The language you have chosen to watch Hulu on your Roku device will be saved.
How Do I Cancel My Hulu Subscription On Roku?
Follow these steps to cancel your Hulu subscription on Roku:
- Go to Hulu’s official website https://www.hulu.com and sign in to your Hulu account.
- Tap on your account picture in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the subscription section.
- Select “Cancel” right next to your subscription.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your decision to discontinue your subscription.
- Click “Confirm,” and you’re subscription will be canceled.
Can I Get Hulu On Roku In the USA?
Yes, you can sign up for Hulu on Roku in the USA by subscribing to a premium VPN, such as ExpressVPN, and connecting to its American server, such as the New York server.
What Is The Roku Pin For Hulu?
The Roku PIN for Hulu is a 4-digit code that can be generated through your Roku account to manage subscriptions, payments, and services. The PIN must be used to authorize any translation after it is created.
How Do I Update Hulu On Roku?
Open the Roku home page, select Settings, select System Update, and tap OK to update Hulu on Roku.
Which Roku Players Support Hulu + Live TV in the USA?
All the recent devices of Roku support Hulu + Live TV in the USA. The devices include:
- Premiere and Premiere +
- Express and Express + set-top boxes
- Roku Streaming Stick +
- Roku TV
- Media hub devices (Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Ultra, Roku Ultra LT)
How To Fix Hulu Zoom In Problem On Roku?
You can fix the Hulu zoom-in problem on Roku by restarting or reinstalling the app.
How To Switch Hulu Profiles On Roku?
Follow the steps to switch Hulu profiles on Roku:
- Log in to Hulu.
- Go to the top-right corner.
- Click on the Profile Icon.
- Select the profile you want, or you can even create a new Hulu profile.
How To Sign Out Of Hulu On Roku?
Here is how you can log out of Hulu on Roku:
- Go to the main page of Hulu and select your profile icon.
- Scroll down and click on log out.
- Click on log out of Hulu to confirm, and you’ll be redirected to the Hulu login Roku page.
Can I Pause My Hulu Subscription On Roku?
Yes, you can pause your Hulu subscription on Roku for 12 weeks.
I hope you found the straightforward process of watching Hulu on Roku easy and are just preparing yourself to watch exclusive content on Hulu.
However, if you’re reading this blog from outside the USA, you know how to bypass Hulu’s geo-restrictions, right? Get a subscription to a reputable VPN and a Hulu account, and binge non-stop on your favorite TV shows and movies on Hulu.