So you’ve got a Vizio Smart TV and wish to stream Hulu on it? That’s great! But you’re going round and round in circles without finding a way to do it, right? Let me lend you a hand.
Hulu is an on-demand streaming platform famous among entertainment lovers and has an extensive library of TV shows, movies, and Hulu originals covering a wide spectrum of genres. Internationally hit shows like Fall Out, Darby and the Dead, and The Handmaid’s Tale are easily available to stream on Hulu.
Now who wouldn’t want to watch these cinematic delights on the big screen of their TV? So let’s jump ahead, and I’ll guide you about how you can get Hulu on Vizio Smart TV.
Read More: How To Watch Hulu on Mac
How to Install Hulu on Vizio Smart TV? [Quick Steps]
Most Vizio Smart TVs have Hulu pre-installed on them. But if you need to install it on yours, then here are the steps:
- Switch on your TV and connect it to the internet.
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for the Hulu app.
- Click on “Add to Home” to download it.
- Now, log in using your credentials and start streaming.
Please note: If you live outside the US, you’ll have to unblock Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV via a premium VPN since the platform is geo-blocked everywhere else.
Update the Hulu App on Your Vizio Smart TV
Your Hulu app will automatically be updated when you update your Vizio TV firmware. But if it’s specifically this app you want to update, then here are the steps:
- On your remote, press the Vizio Internet Apps button.
- Navigate to the Hulu app.
- Press the yellow button on your remote.
- Now, tap on the Update.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Access Hulu on Vizio Smart TV in Geo-Restricted Regions?
While Hulu is a globally famed streaming platform, its content is only available in the US and Japan. Outside these two regions, accessing Hulu isn’t possible because of the geo-restrictive policies in their system. That means you cannot stream Hulu outside the US. If you do try doing so, you’ll see the following error:
Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location.
To avoid this problem, you need help from a premium VPN provider. A VPN hides your actual location by assigning you a US-based IP address. That being done, Hulu is tricked into believing you’re streaming from within the US. This is mainly why you need a VPN.
3 Reliable VPNs to Stream Hulu Outside the US
Having explained why you need a VPN, let’s explore the most high-end options and their amazing features.
ExpressVPN – Reliable VPN to Watch Hulu on Vizio Smart TV
ExpressVPN has the following amazing features:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – Pocket-Friendly VPN to Watch Hulu on Vizio Smart TV
The following features of Surfshark make it one of the best VPNs to watch Hulu on Vizio Smart TV:
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN – User-Friendly VPN to Watch Hulu on Vizio Smart TV
Take a look at the amazing features of NordVPN:
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How Much is Hulu For on Vizio Smart TV?
You can subscribe to either of the four subscription plans offered by Hulu. Below are the details of each plan:
Hulu Basic – for $7.99/month
- You can stream on 6 devices simultaneously.
- A 30-day free trial period is included in this plan.
- This is an ad-supported.
Hulu (Ad-free) – for $17.99/month
- Ads are now removed with an additional amount.
- Connect with 6 devices at the same time.
- A 30-day free trial period is included in this plan too.
Hulu + Live TV – for $76.99/month
- Live stream both Disney+ and ESPN+
- More than 60 channels are now available.
- On-demand content is available.
- This plan comes with ads.
- A 7-day free trial period is included.
Hulu + Live TV (No Ads) – for $89.99/month
- On-demand content but without any ads.
- Disney+ is ad-free, but ESPN+ is not.
- 7 day free trial period is included.
How to Cast Hulu on Vizio Smart TV?
If you want to cast Hulu content on your Vizio Smart TV, then you can use the Smartcast feature available on Vizio Smart TV. Through this feature, you can cast Hulu from your phone or PC onto your Smart TV. Follow the steps below for this method:
- Connect your smartphone and Vizio Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi.
- Launch the Hulu app on your phone and sign in.
- Go to the screencasting menu on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Click the Screen Mirroring option on your phone, and select your Smart TV.
- You’ll be given a code on your Smart TV screen; enter it on your phone.
- This will automatically pair both of them. Your Hulu content will now be displayed on your Vizio Smart TV.
How to Cancel Your Hulu Subscription?
Follow the steps below to cancel your Hulu subscription:
- Sign into your Hulu
- Go to ‘Account’ from the main menu.
- Under ‘Subscription’, click on ‘Cancel Subscription’.
- You’ll be prompted to pause your subscription.
- Complete the process by clicking on ‘Cancel’.
Read More: How to Fix Hulu Error Code 503
Alternative Methods to Watch Hulu on Vizio Smart TV
If you are exploring multiple options for streaming Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV, then read the methods below:
If your Vizio Smart TV doesn’t support Hulu, you can use a reliable streaming device like Chromecast, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, or Roku. Through these, you’ll be able to watch your Hulu content on your Smart TV.
Use mobile to cast
With this method, you can use Airplay if you have an iOS device or Google Cast if you have an Android device to cast your Hulu content onto your Vizio Smart TV.
Connect laptop or PC via HDMI cable
If your laptop or PC has an HDMI port, you can connect them to your Smart TV. Once you’ve connected the two, switch your TV’s input to HDMI. You may now use Hulu on your laptop or PC and watch the content on your TV screen.
Web Browser on Your TV
Launch the built-in browser on your Vizio Smart TV, go to Hulu’s official website and log in with your credentials to begin streaming your favorite content.
Contact Vizio Customer Support
If none of these alternatives works for you, then your last resort is to contact Vizio’s customer support. They may be able to provide a solution in this regard.
Why is Hulu Not working on my Vizio Smart TV? — [Quick Fixes]
There are a few errors and problems you can run into while streaming on Hulu. I’ve tried to address most of these problems and their possible solutions.
- Check your internet connections: to stream Hulu smoothly, you need a minimum of 6 Mbps. Check via fast.com if your internet speed is lower than the specified minimum. Moreover, you can move the router closer to your TV or contact your ISP.
- Active Hulu subscription: check through your Hulu account to see if your subscription is still valid and hasn’t expired.
- Obsolete software: your Vizio Smart TV needs to be updated regularly so that the apps and operating system are both updated. Go to the settings and check for any pending updates. If there is one, install it.
- Compatibility with Hulu: it may be that Hulu does not support your TV model. In that case, the only way out is to buy a newer model.
- Update or reinstall your Hulu app.
Which Vizio Smart TV supports the Hulu app
All Vizio Smart TV models released after 2016 are compatible with Hulu. For further details, refer to the list below:
- Vizio SmartCast TV: These TVs have built-in Chromecast, which you can use to cast your favorite Hulu content on your Smart TV.
- Vizio VIA+ TV: These TVs are also compatible with Hulu and offer built-in apps, including Hulu.
- Vizio M-Series TV: The Vizio M-Series TVs are also compatible with the Hulu app and have various features, including 4K resolution and HDR support.
- Vizio D-Series TV: Most Vizio D-Series TVs are supported by Hulu, but we advise you to ensure through the list of supported devices on Hulu’s website before buying this one.
Other Devices Supported by Hulu
The list of devices supported by Hulu is long and extensive. Take a look at some of them below:
Take a look at this list below to see all compatible devices:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xfinity TV Box
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
Can You Access Hulu On Vizio Smart TV in Other Countries?
Yes, you can watch Hulu on Vizio Smart TV in the following other countries:
- Hulu in Canada
- Hulu in New Zealand
- Hulu in Australia
- Hulu in Malaysia
- Hulu in UK
- Hulu in France
- Hulu in Philippines
- Hulu in UAE
- Hulu in Mexico
- Hulu in Ireland
- Hulu in French Guiana
- Hulu in the Czech Republic
- Hulu in Spain
- Hulu in Cuba
- Hulu in Croatia
- Hulu In Turkey
- Hulu in Italy
- Hulu in Europe
- Hulu in Thailand
- Hulu in South Africa
- Hulu in Jamaica
- Hulu in Germany
How do I power-cycle my Vizio Smart TV?
You’ll need to unplug your Smart TV from the wall and wait for a minute. In the meantime, press and hold the power button on the TV for thirty seconds. After one minute, plug your TV’s power cable back in and try streaming Hulu again.
How do I get Hulu on my older Vizio Smart TV?
Hulu is compatible with most Vizio Smart TV models produced after 2016. Any models before that year are possibly incompatible with the app.
Why does the Hulu app keep buffering on Vizio Smart TV?
This may be because of a poor internet connection. You can fix this by restarting your modem or by bringing it closer to your TV. Furthermore, you can also connect a LAN cable for improved speed.
In a Nutshell
And now, my dear readers, the article comes to an end. I hope all your queries about streaming Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV have been answered. Oh, and don’t forget to subscribe to an exclusive VPN provider, like the reliable ExpressVPN, and you’re all set for the mission.
In case of any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact team BingeHulu.