Can I watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV? Yes, you can watch Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV. To do that without any hassle, let’s dive into this to-the-point article below and get you the Hulu experience.
Hulu is an extensive library of TV shows and movies that can give you the dose of entertainment you’re looking for. All the highly demanded shows, such as Hannibal, can be streamed on your preferred streaming device since Hulu supports all major operating systems and devices, including your Samsung Smart TV.
However, Hulu can presently only be watched within the US region because of the geo-limitations, but if you want to watch Hulu outside the US, then you’ll need to subscribe to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to stream with ease.
This article will guide you through easy steps to access Hulu on Samsung Smart TV outside the US.
Read More: How To Watch Hulu on Mac
How to Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV? [5 Quick Steps]
Does Hulu work on Samsung Smart TV? Yes, it does. All you have to do is follow our quick and easy steps to watch your favourite content.
- Connect your Samsung Smart TV to your WiFi.
- Click the ‘Home’ button on your remote to access Smart Hub.
- Search for ‘Hulu’ in the Smart Hub and install the app.
- Next, activate the app and enter your login credentials.
- Select your profile and start streaming your favourites.
However, if you’re a non-US resident and want to access it in geo-restricted areas, then follow our steps below on how to do that.
How to Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV in Geo-Restricted Countries? [5 Easiest Steps]
Can you watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV in geo-restricted countries? Yes, you definitely can. To avail of Hulu’s services beyond the US region, you can follow these steps below:
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Once done, go to your DNS settings page and enter your credentials.
- Then you’ll get to the IP address registration page; click the “Register my IP address” option.
- Go to the ExpressVPN setup page. Here you’ll find your MediaStreamer DNS server IP address. [Please note this down].
- On your TV remote, press the menu button.
- Next, click on Network and then Network Status.
- Once the procedure finishes, go to IP Settings > DNS Settings > Enter Manually.
- Enter the MediaStreamer IP address that you noted earlier in Step 4.
- Tap on ‘Enter’ and launch the ‘Smart Hub’.
- Look up Hulu in the Search bar and download it.
- Sign in with your Hulu account credentials and start streaming.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV in Geo-Restricted Regions?
Can you get Hulu on Samsung Smart TV in Geo-Restricted regions without a VPN? No, you cannot get Hulu in geo-restricted regions because Hulu is an American streaming platform. It is a premium subscription-based platform full of globally acclaimed TV shows and movies, but unfortunately, Hulu outside the US is geo-blocked, and if you try to access it from anywhere else, you’ll face the following restricted error:
Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location
But this restriction can be erased with the help of a VPN, which will allow you to fake your location, and then you can use Hulu anywhere in the world. But before you proceed, you need to perform our Hulu location trick, for which you’ll need to install a VPN.
Consequently, Hulu will be deceived into thinking that you’re streaming from within the US region. Team BingeHulu highly recommends using the reliable ExpressVPN for this task.
VPNs for downloading Hulu from abroad to a Samsung Smart TV.
Can I get Hulu on Samsung Smart TV? Yes, you can with the help of a credible VPN service. Our team has compiled 3 of the most powerful VPNs that are listed below.
ExpressVPN – highly reliable VPN to watch Hulu
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – pocket-friendly VPN to watch Hulu
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN – a trustworthy VPN to watch Hulu
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How do I use my old Samsung Smart TV to watch Hulu?
Do you want to stream Hulu on an older model of the Samsung Smart TV? Don’t worry, we’ll help you out. Written below are a few easy steps for you to follow, and you’re good to go:
- Turn on your TV and press the Internet TV button on your remote.
- Click the ‘Content View’ option.
- Select ‘Internet TV’.
- Go to the ‘Search’ bar and find the Hulu app.
- Tap on the Hulu icon and download the app.
- Once installed, log in with your credentials and start streaming.
How to Update Hulu on Samsung Smart TV
You were streaming alright, but then Hulu released an update, and now it’s giving you an error? We understand your trouble and are here to lend you a hand. Simply follow these steps:
- Press ‘Home’ on your remote to get to the ‘Smart Hub’.
- Go to ‘Apps’ and search for the ‘Hulu’ app.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions for updating your app.
- You may stream on your updated app now without any worries.
How to Activate Hulu on Your Samsung TV
To complete your sign-up process with Hulu, you must activate your streaming device. Doing that is no big deal if you follow our guide below:
- Turn on your smart TV and launch the Hulu app.
- Enter your login credentials on the Welcome screen.
- Next, select ‘Activate on a Computer’, and you’ll be given an ‘Activation Code’.
- Go to your Account Page and sign in if required.
- Look for the ‘Watch Hulu on Your Devices’ option. Or head over to the Hulu Activation page.
- After logging in, enter the code displayed on your TV screen to activate your device.
Pro tip🔈: Anytime a new device is activated on your Hulu account, you’ll receive an email notifying you about the details of this new activation.
How to Switch Between Hulu Profiles on Samsung Smart TV
If you need to switch between profiles on your Hulu account, here’s how to do it:
- Launch the Hulu app on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Scroll over to the ‘Account’ icon and click on it.
- Select the ‘Profile’ icon from the menu.
- Choose the profile you want to switch to, and that’s it!
Hulu Not Working on Samsung Smart TV [Quick Fixes]
If you’ve run into a problem while accessing Hulu on your Smart TV, it may be because of a technical error that is interrupting your streaming. There are a few possible reasons why an error may be occurring:
- Outdated Samsung Smart TV model: Your model may not be supported by the Hulu app.
- App cache: There may be a lot of app cache stored on your device.
- Internet speed: The speed of your connection may not be enough to stream smoothly.
- Hulu server problem: There may be an issue with the Hulu servers.
These are some very common reasons behind the errors. To tackle these, below are a few tried-and-tested solutions you can try.
Reset your Streaming Device
You may need to reset the device you’re streaming on. Follow the steps below to do that:
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your TV and click on ‘Support’.
- Now, click on ‘Self Diagnosis’.
- Select the ‘Reset Smart Hub’ option.
- Once it’s done, relaunch the Hulu app.
Clear Cache and Data
Your device may be filled with app cache and data that must be cleared. Take a look at the steps below:
- Select the ‘Home’ button on your remote after turning on your TV.
- Go to Settings > App > Hulu.
- Once the app opens, select the ‘Clear Cache and Data’ option.
- If needed, clear the cache and data of other apps too.
Check your Internet Connection
Ensure that your internet connection is fast enough. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the ‘Menu’ on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Click on Network > Network Settings.
- Select Network Type’ and click on ‘Wireless’.
- Connect to your preferred WiFi and enter the password.
- When done, check the speed of your selected network.
Reboot your Samsung Smart TV
A solution as simple as rebooting your smart TV can go a long way, too. Just follow our given steps:
- Press your TV remote’s ‘Power’ button and hold it down.
- When the Samsung logo appears on the screen, release the button.
- Once your TV is rebooted, try launching the Hulu app.
Force Restart your Samsung Smart TV
If the above solution doesn’t work, try the instructions below:
- Unplug the power cable of your Samsung Smart TV.
- Wait for a minimum of 3-5 minutes.
- Plug the power cable again.
- Launch the Hulu app to check if it’s working fine now.
Update Your Samsung Smart TV
Some errors are related to updates on your streaming device not being installed. Let us help you out:
- Click on ‘Menu’ and then the ‘Settings’ option.
- Navigate to Support > Software Update.
- Now tap on ‘Update’ and wait for the update to be installed.
Reinstall your Hulu App
If none of these options have worked so far, try to delete and reinstall the Hulu app on your device.
- Go to the ‘Menu’ page and select ‘Apps’.
- Click on ‘Manage installed app’.
- Tap on the Hulu app and delete it.
- Wait while the app is being uninstalled.
- Once done, refresh the page and go to the ‘Search’ bar
- Search for ‘Hulu’ and click on ‘Install’.
How much is Hulu on Samsung TV?
How much does Hulu cost on a Samsung Smart TV? If you’re looking for Hulu’s pricing plans and the features you can get, then fret not. Our team has compiled all of their pricing plans and offers for you to choose from, according to your requirements.
Hulu Basic – for USD $7.99/month
This is their most demanded plan, which you can try for free for up to 30 days. With this ad-supported plan, you can have access to their library of media. Upon subscribing, you can stream on up to 6 devices without worrying about compatibility.
Hulu (Ad-free) – for USD $17.99/month
If those pesky ads are troubling you, they can be removed by paying an additional sum. Now you won’t have to watch an ad before and after your video. This plan also allows you a 30-day free trial and has the same features as the Hulu Basic plan.
Hulu + Live TV – for USD $76.99/month
With this plan, you get to have on-demand ad-supported content. Moreover, you can also live stream all your favorite sports, entertainment, and channels. And not just that, but also the content from Disney+ and ESPN+. Subscribers also get a 7-day free trial period with this plan.
Hulu + Live TV (No Ads) – for USD $89.99/month
This plan gives you all the same features as the one above, without the trouble of ads. Once again, you get a 7-day trial period with this plan too. It must be noted that Disney+ is ad-free but ESPN+ comes with ads.
Other Compatible Devices To Watch Hulu
Hulu supports a plethora of devices that you can stream on, including mobile devices, tablets, streaming sticks, gaming consoles, and smart TVs. Subscribe to their plan and watch hit shows and movies from the comfort of your couch or bed.
Take a look at this list below to see all compatible devices:
Can You Access Hulu On Samsung Smart TV in Other Countries?
Yes, you can watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV in the following other countries:
- Hulu in Canada
- Hulu in New Zealand
- Hulu in Australia
- Hulu in Malaysia
- Hulu in UK
- Hulu in France
- Hulu in Philippines
- Hulu in UAE
- Hulu in Mexico
- Hulu in Ireland
- Hulu in French Guiana
- Hulu in the Czech Republic
- Hulu in Spain
- Hulu in Cuba
- Hulu in Croatia
- Hulu In Turkey
- Hulu in Italy
- Hulu in Europe
- Hulu in Thailand
- Hulu in South Africa
- Hulu in Jamaica
- Hulu in Germany
Q. Is Hulu no longer on Samsung smart TV?
Q. Why can’t I get Hulu on my smart TV?
Q. Can I get Student Discount on Hulu Bundle?
Q. Does Smart TV have a Hulu app?
Q. What Samsung TVs are compatible with Hulu Live?
Moreover, it is also compatible with Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, LG TV, Amazon Fire TV, and even Playstation. This means, you can get Hulu on your PS4 too.
Q. Is it against the law to download Hulu to your Samsung Smart TV using a VPN?
Q. How to unblock Hulu on Samsung Smart TV outside US?
Q. Where is App Store on Samsung TV?
Q. Can I watch Hulu content on my Samsung Smart TV with a free VPN?
Moreover, free VPNs are also known to sell user data to third parties. Having said so, we suggest you subscribe to a premium VPN, such as ExpressVPN.
Q. How do I get Hulu on my Samsung TV?
- Activate your Samsung Smart TV.
- Hit the Home button on your remote to access the Smart Hub.
- Search for the Hulu app and click on the app’s icon.
- Select Install and you’re all set.
We’re sure that by now, gaining access to the Hulu app is possible for you with the help of this article. Furthermore, we hope that all of your questions have been discussed above and that none remain unanswered.
Once again, we advise you to subscribe to a premium VPN service, like ExpressVPN, that provides fast connections and hides your true location from Hulu.
We hope you have a smooth and uninterrupted streaming experience with Hulu now. Additionally, our team always welcomes any queries our users may have.