Hulu is an internationally acclaimed US-based streaming platform that offers not only hit TV shows and movies, such as Darby and The Dead, The Handmaid’s Tale, and Fall Out, but also live sports and entertainment. All of that is in the palm of your hand. But only if you reside within the US.
Yes, you read that right. Hulu is geo-blocked in countries other than the US. If you want to unblock Hulu in Australia, you’ll need help from a premium VPN provider, like ExpressVPN, to access Hulu’s content and a lot more.
Follow me through this article below to clear all your queries and confusion regarding this.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia? [5 Quick Steps]
Here’s a quick guide on how to get Hulu in Australia:
What Are The Best VPNs to Access Hulu Australia? [Quick Overview]
Below are the details of 3 highly reliable VPNs:
- ExpressVPN – a credible VPN: ExpressVPN offers over 3000 super-fast servers across 94 countries. Your data is kept extremely safe with AES-256 Encryption. You can get it for 1 year + 3 months free for only $6.67 per month, with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark – an economical VPN: this VPN is both budget-friendly and highly dependable. Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, out of which 600 servers are based in the US. You can avail of this with an 81discount for $2.49 per month. And a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN – highly endorsed VPN: this amazing VPN has 5700+ ultra-fast servers in 60 countries, offering unlimited speed and bandwidth. You can get this VPN for just $4.99 monthly, with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Moreover, you can connect up to 6 devices.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Hulu in Australia?
As I said before, Hulu is not accessible anywhere other than the US and Japan because it is officially available in these two countries only. Hulu has integrated geo-restrictive security protocols within its systems; hence, access to its content is blocked outside the two specified regions. If you do try to access Hulu in Australia, you’ll face the following error:
“Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location.”
Now, here’s good news: to turn that frown into a smile. You can access Hulu outside the US using a premium VPN that will surpass Hulu’s geo-restrictive barriers and hide your true location. My top recommendation would be the commendable ExpressVPN. It will trick Hulu into believing you’re streaming from within the US. You can now stream without any disruptions.
3 Best VPNs to Access Hulu in Australia [Detailed Analysis]
Need help deciding which VPN to subscribe to for watching Hulu in Australia? Refer to the details below of the 3 best options with unbeatable features:
ExpressVPN – Top-Tier VPN to Watch Hulu in Australia
Here’s why ExpressVPN is a top-tier VPN to watch Hulu in Australia:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – Cost-Effective VPN to Watch Hulu in Australia
The following features of Surfshark make it one of the best VPNs to watch Hulu in Australia:
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to watch Hulu in Australia
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How can you Create a Hulu account in Australia?
Signing up for a new account on Hulu? Let me help you out:
- Subscribe to and download a reliable VPN. I would recommend ExpressVPN.
- Once you’ve installed it, connect to a US-based server.
- Visit Hulu’s official website.
- Click on the Signup button.
- Select one of the four Hulu subscription plans.
- Enter the required information.
- Select a payment method and type your billing details.
- The sign-up process is complete now; you can log into your Hulu account and start streaming.
Can I Watch Hulu in Australia with a Free VPN?
Stop! Don’t press that download button. Let me explain why. Yes, you can watch Hulu in Australia using a free VPN, but I’d advise against doing so. The main reason is that free VPNs are far from safe to use. Nor do they provide the speed and bandwidth limit needed to stream Hulu’s content.
Moreover, in exchange for their free services, free VPNs are also known to sell their subscribers’ data to third parties. In a nutshell, using a free VPN isn’t exactly reliable. That’s why using a free VPN is not safe at all; instead, use a reliable and secure VPN to protect your data from breaching.
Read More: How to Watch Hulu in India
How much does Hulu in Australia cost?
Hulu has four convenient plans for its users to select from. Take a look at their details below before choosing one for yourself.
Hulu Basic – for AUD 11.90/month
- You can stream on 6 devices simultaneously.
- A 30-day free trial period is included in this plan.
- This is an ad-supported
Hulu (Ad-free) – for AUD 22.33/month
- Ads are now removed with an additional amount.
- Connect with 6 devices at the same time.
- A 30-day free trial period is included in this plan, too.
Hulu + Live TV – for AUD 104.21/month
- Live stream both Disney+ and ESPN+
- More than 60 channels are now available.
- On-demand content is available.
- This plan comes with ads.
- A 7-day free trial period is included.
Hulu + Live TV (No Ads) – for AUD 123.83/month
- On-demand content but without any ads.
- Disney+ is ad-free, but ESPN+ is not.
- 7 day free trial period is included.
How can I Pay for Hulu in Australia? [5 Easy Methods]
Below are five reliable and easy ways to pay for your Hulu subscription without a hassle.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using a Gift Card
The following steps will help you pay for Hulu by using a Gift Card:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN that has US servers, such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and click on the Hulu gift card (if MyGiftCardSupply doesn’t work, you can also use GiftCardCabin).
- Choose the value you want to add to the card (subscribe to save on multiple cards), and then proceed to check out.
- Pay with your local credit card or PayPal and add a link to redeem the card after getting an email confirmation.
- Now, visit the Hulu gift card redemption page and log out of your account after clearing your browser.
- Click “Redeem,” and you’ll create a new Hulu account and enter a US ZIP Code.
- You can now log in to your new account and enjoy all your favorite movies and TV shows.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using PayPal
Here’s how you can pay for Hulu by using PayPal:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; I recommend using ExpressVPN and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server so that you can access
- Now, make sure you have a US PayPal account and sign up for Hulu by selecting PayPal as your payment method.
- Log in to Hulu and enjoy non-stop streaming!
How To Pay For Hulu By Using StatesPay
Follow the given easy steps to pay for Hulu by using StatePay:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN like ExpressVPN and connect to the New York
- Create a StatesPay account. You’ll have to go to the website and click on “Sign up” to create a new account and add
- Now, use your new card information and sign up for Hulu.
- Pay for Hulu, and you can start streaming Hulu from anywhere in the world.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using A Prepaid Card
The following steps will help you pay for Hulu by using a Prepaid Card:
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to the USA Visa website. Choose your card and follow the steps to sign up and add funds.
- Use a new card to create a Hulu account. You will need a US phone number and address when signing up.
- Congratulations! You’re all set to stream Hulu outside the US.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using iTunes
Follow these easy steps to pay for Hulu by using iTunes:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; I suggest using ExpressVPN because of its excellent security features and connection to a US server.
- Visit the iTunes website and log out if you already have an account.
- Create a new iTunes account using your gift card.
- You’re ready to stream Hulu from anywhere in the world.
Other Devices Compatible with Hulu in Australia
Besides the devices mentioned above, here’s a list of other devices Hulu supports:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xfinity TV Box
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on Android? [Quick Steps]
Follow the given easy steps to watch Hulu on Android:
- Sign up for a reliable VPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your Android device.
- Log in to the VPN and connect to a US-based server.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android.
- Search for the Hulu app.
- Download and install the app on your Android device.
- Sign up or log in to Hulu using your login information.
- There you go! You may now stream Hulu on your Android.
Here is the complete guide How to Watch Hulu on Android.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on iOS? [Easy Steps]
Here’s how you can watch Hulu on iOS outside the US:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your iOS device.
- Log in to the VPN using your credentials and connect to a US-based server.
- Open your App Store on your iPhone/iPad.
- Search for Hulu.
- Click on ‘Get’ to start downloading.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password.
- Sign into your Hulu account and start streaming.
Here is the complete guide How to Watch Hulu on iOS.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on Android TV? [Quick Steps]
The given easy steps will help you watch Hulu on your Android TV:
- Once you’ve switched your TV on, connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- From your home screen, select ‘Apps.’
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Hulu app.
- Now, simply install the app.
Note: If you want to stream Hulu on Android TV outside the US, you’ll have to subscribe to a trustworthy VPN to unblock your geo-restricted content.
Explore the comprehensive guide: How to Watch Hulu on Android TV.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on Apple TV? [Easy Steps]
Here’s how you can watch Hulu on your Apple TV outside the US:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN.
- Connect to an American server of the VPN; the New York server is suggested.
- Search for the Hulu app in the App Store of your Apple TV.
- Download and install the app.
- Register a new account using a ZIP code, or just enter your credentials for Hulu login if you already have an account.
Discover the in-depth guide on watching Hulu on your Apple TV.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on Samsung Smart TV? [Quick Steps]
Follow the given steps to watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV:
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Once done, go to your DNS settings page and enter your credentials.
- Then, you’ll get to the IP address registration page; click the “Register my IP address” option.
- Go to the ExpressVPN setup page. Here, you’ll find your MediaStreamer DNS server IP address.
- On your TV remote, press the menu button.
- Next, click on Network and then Network Status.
- Once the procedure finishes, go to IP Settings > DNS Settings > Enter Manually.
- Enter the MediaStreamer IP address that you noted earlier in Step 4.
- Tap on ‘Enter’ and launch the ‘Smart Hub.’
- Look up Hulu in the Search bar and download it.
- Sign in with your Hulu account credentials and start streaming.
Explore the detailed instructions for enjoying Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on LG Smart TV? [Easy Steps]
To access Hulu on your LG Smart TV, follow the given steps:
- Sign up for a Hulu account if you don’t have one.
- Press the Home button on your TV remote.
- Select the Hulu app in your App List.
- Follow the login instructions and start streaming.
Important: If you’re accessing Hulu from outside the USA, ensure you’re connected to a US-based server of a trustworthy VPN provider to bypass its geo-restrictions.
Discover step-by-step instructions: How to Watch Hulu on LG Smart TV.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on Vizio Smart TV? [Quick Steps]
Here’s how you can stream Hulu on Vizio Smart TV:
- Switch on your TV and connect it to the internet.
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for the Hulu app.
- Click on “Add to Home” to download it.
- Now, log in using your credentials and start streaming.
Note: If you live outside the US, you must unblock Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV via a premium VPN since the platform is geo-blocked everywhere else.
Here is the complete guide how to Watch Hulu on Vizio Smart TV.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on Chromecast? [Easy Steps]
The following easy steps will help you cast Hulu on your Chromecast device:
- Get a premium VPN provider subscription with exceptional unblocking abilities.
- Download and install the VPN app on your streaming device and connect to an American server; we recommend the New York server.
- Get the Hulu app on your device. Open the app and tap on the “Cast icon.”
- Choose your Chromecast from the given list of devices.
- Now, you can enjoy non-stop Hulu streaming on your Chromecast.
Discover step-by-step instructions: How to Watch Hulu on Chromecast.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on FireStick From Anywhere? [Quick Steps]
Wish to watch Hulu on FireStick? Here’s how you can do so:
- Navigate to your FireStick’s Home Menu.
- Go to the search tab from the Top Menu and search for the Hulu app. You’ll get results showing other apps along with the original Hulu app.
- Download the app and open it.
- The app will show you a geo-restriction error if you live outside the USA.
- To bypass geo-blocking, subscribe to a premium VPN and connect to an American server.
- Once the VPN is connected, open the Hulu app.
- The app will ask you to “Log in” or “Free Trial.”
- Choose an option that suits your preference, and enjoy Hulu.
Explore the comprehensive guide: How to Watch Hulu on FireStick.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on Roku? [Easy Steps]
Watching Hulu on your Roku outside the USA may seem tricky since Roku doesn’t directly support VPN apps. However, using either a router or the MediaStreamer feature of a reliable VPN such as ExpressVPN, you can enjoy Hulu on your Roku from anywhere in the world.
After connecting to a US-based server, follow the given steps:
- Visit Hulu’s official website and create a Hulu account.
- Switch on your Roku device > click the Home button > press Streaming Channels.
- Connect your Roku device to an HDMI port of your TV and turn it on with the AC adapter. Now navigate to Search Channels > type Hulu > click on the app.
- Click the Add Channel button, and your Roku device will download the app.
- Return to your Home Screen, open the Hulu app, go to the sign-in page, and enter your credentials.
Discover the in-depth guide to watch Hulu on Roku.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on Xfinity TV Box? [Quick Steps]
Here’s how you can watch Hulu on Xfinity TV Box:
- Switch on your Xfinity TV Box, and ensure it’s connected to your Wi-Fi.
- Go to the home screen and click on the Smart Hub option.
- Choose Apps, and then search for the Hulu app.
- Install the Hulu app on your Xfinity TV Box and activate the Hulu app.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Choose your Profile, and there you have it!
Note: If you live outside the US, unblock Hulu on your Xfinity TV Box via a reliable VPN since the platform is geo-blocked everywhere.
You can read the comprehensive guide to Watch Hulu on Xfinity TV Box.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on Xbox? [Easy Steps]
Follow the given simple steps to watch Hulu on Xbox:
- Sign up for a reputable VPN provider.
- Download the VPN app on your Xbox and connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the Xbox One Store.
- Search for Hulu and download it.
- Follow the installation steps. And yeah, that’s it!
Discover the in-depth guide to stream Hulu on your Xbox.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on PlayStation? [Quick Steps]
Follow the given steps to watch Hulu on your PlayStation:
- Switch on your PlayStation and enter your account using your PlayStations Network credentials.
- Open the PlayStation Store or the App Store on your PlayStation’s home screen.
- Search for the Hulu app, download and install it.
- Launch the Hulu app.
- Sign up or log in to your Hulu account, and you’re all ready to enjoy Hulu on your PlayStation.
Note: If you’re streaming Hulu from outside the US, subscribe to a VPN.
Explore the detailed instructions to watch Hulu on your PlayStation.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia on a Web Browser? [Easy Steps]
Here’s how you can access Hulu on a Web Browser outside America:
- Subscribe to a high-end VPN provider.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device and sign in.
- Connect your VPN to a US-based server.
- Navigate to Hulu’s official website from a supported web browser.
- Click on the “Log In” button in the top-right corner of the Home page.
- Enter your credentials, then click log in.
- Select your Profile from the list and start streaming.
Discover the step-by-step instructions to watch Hulu on Web Browser.
How to Watch Hulu on Nintendo Switch in Australia? [Quick Steps]
The following steps will help you watch Hulu on Nintendo Switch outside the US:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN.
- Connect to an American server, such as the New York
- Select the Nintendo eShop icon on your device and press the “A” button.
- Search for the Hulu app and press the “A” button.
- Download and install the app on your device.
Here is the complete guide how to watch Hulu on Nintendo Switch.
Is There Any Other Way to Watch Hulu in Australia?
Though there’s no other method more reliable than using a premium VPN subscription, if you’re interested in exploring your options, here are two other ways to stream Hulu in Australia.
A Smart DNS is like a proxy server. It encrypts your traffic through a remote server while hiding your real location and IP address. If you want to use a Smart DNS to gain access to geo-restricted content, I suggest using ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer feature, which also comes with extra-fast connections.
Browser Extension (Not Recommended)
Hulu’s website blocks most browser proxy extensions because it’s easier for its systems to detect the fake US-based IP address which this proxy extension will route your traffic through. Moreover, thousands of other users are already using this server. Hence, I don’t suggest using this method.
How Do I Fix Hulu Not Working with VPN? [Quick Fixes]
Okay, so there are a few errors and problems you could run into while streaming on Hulu. Listed below are some of them and their reliable solutions.
- Check your internet connections: to stream Hulu smoothly, you need a minimum of 6 Mbps. Check via fast.com if your internet speed is lower than the specified minimum. Moreover, you can move your device closer to the router or contact your ISP.
- Active Hulu subscription: check through your Hulu account to see if your subscription is still valid and hasn’t expired.
- Check if Hulu’s servers are down: your error may be related to a server being down. In this case, you only wait for the issue to be resolved on Hulu’s end. You can also check server status through Down Detector.
- Clear Hulu app cache: it may be that your app cache and data are taking up space and need to be cleared.
- Compatibility with Hulu: it may be that Hulu does not support your device.
- Update or reinstall your Hulu.
- Contact your VPN provider: if none of the solutions above has worked, you may contact your VPN service provider for assistance.
Read More: How To Watch Hulu In The Philippines
How Can You Cancel Your Hulu Subscription?
Here’s how you can cancel your Hulu subscription plan:
- Sign into your Hulu account.
- Go to ‘Account’ from the main menu.
- Under ‘Subscription,’ click on ‘Cancel Subscription’.
- You’ll be prompted to pause your subscription.
- Complete the process by clicking on ‘Cancel’.
What is Available on Hulu to Watch in Australia in 2024?
Excited about all the new content coming to Hulu this year? So am I. Here are some of those titles:
Top TV Series to Watch on Hulu in 2024
- This is Us
- Ice Road Truckers Season 3
- Modern Family
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Love Me Season 2
- The Office
- Killing Eve
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- The Company You Keep
Top Movies to Watch on Hulu in 2024
- Fight Club
- Stars at Noon
- Boston Strangler Movie
- Fire Island
- The Drop
- The Princess
Top Channels to Watch on Hulu in 2023
- ABC News
- Comedy Central
- National Geographic
Where Can You Access Hulu with a US IP Address?
With a premium VPN subscription, you can watch Hulu and much more in the following regions:
- Outside The US
- The Philippines
- New Zealand
- The UK
What are the US ZIP Codes?
Below is a list of US ZIP codes you can use:
|90001 – 90089
|90209 – 90213
|60601 – 60641
|20001 – 20020
|85001 – 85055
|78701 – 78705
|33124 – 33190
|30301 – 30381
|02101 – 02137
|10001 – 10048
Is it illegal to use a VPN in Australia?
No, it isn’t illegal to use a VPN to watch Hulu in Australia. All you need is a subscription to a reliable premium VPN, like ExpressVPN, and you’re good to go.
Why is Hulu not accepting my zip code?
If Hulu isn’t accepting your zip code, then you must be typing a code different from the one you’ve submitted as your billing zip code. You can check your Hulu Billing Statement to ensure you’re typing the correct zip code.
How do I bypass the VPN block on Hulu?
There aren’t many VPNs powerful enough to bypass Hulu’s geo-restrictive system. That’s because servers that are blocked by the streaming service are replaced on a daily basis. Thus, only a reliable premium VPN provider, such as ExpressVPN, can unblock Hulu.
Will Hulu ever come to Australia?
So far, there’s no such news of Hulu expanding its operations beyond the US and Japan. However, its parent company, Disney, has mentioned the prospects of global expansion, and its plans might include Australia.
In the meantime, you can access Hulu in Australia through a premium VPN.
What are other streaming alternatives to Hulu in Australia?
Other than Hulu, you can get Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ etc.
How can I watch Hulu for free in Australia?
A free trial is only available to new users. You can get a 30-day free trial on Hulu in Australia, but only by using a dependable VPN provider like ExpressVPN.
I now hope that all your questions have been answered through this article. Just remember to subscribe to a premium VPN to access Hulu in Australia easily. My recommendation would be the highly dependable ExpressVPN not just to unblock geo-blocked content for you but also to give you internet privacy and data protection.
If any further questions pop into your mind later on, just leave a comment below, and team BingeHulu will get back to you.