Hulu has an ample collection of TV shows and movies for their subscribers to watch, and trust me, there’s something to cater to everyone’s taste. You have internet-popular shows like The Handmaid’s Tale, Darby and The Dead, and Fall Out that you can watch easily on Hulu in the UK.
However, the problem is that Hulu is not available in the UK currently and can only be accessed through the help of a reliable VPN, such as ExpressVPN. But how can you do this? Let me lend you some guidance with this article.
How Do I Set Up Hulu in the UK With a VPN? [5 Quick Steps]
The steps below are a quick guide on how you can get Hulu in the UK:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN provider, like the reliable ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Log in to the VPN using the credentials you used while signing up.
- Connect to one of the many US-based servers.
- Finally, sign into your Hulu account and start streaming smoothly.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Hulu in the UK?
Hulu is a streaming platform geo-blocked worldwide and is officially available only in the US and Japan. Meaning that Hulu’s services can only be accessed in these specified regions. This is because Hulu has geo-restrictive policies in their protocol system, and if you try to watch it in the UK, you’ll face the following error:
Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location.
Therefore, you’ll need a VPN provider to unblock Hulu’s services for you. A powerful VPN enables you to fake your location by assigning you an IP address based in the US. This way, Hulu is tricked into believing you’re watching from a US-based location.
What are the Best VPNs to Access Hulu in the UK? [In-Depth Analysis]
The VPNs I’m suggesting below are globally acclaimed ones with very powerful features and security protocols. Below are further details about those amazing features:
ExpressVPN – Reliable VPN to Watch Hulu in the UK
The following features of ExpressVPN make it the #1 VPN to watch Hulu in the UK:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 105 countries and 24 highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their “Most Popular” plan, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year for only $8.32/month.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256, further securing it with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all considerable devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not keep logs or record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN’s split tunneling lets you route some of your devices or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to Watch Hulu in the UK
Besides being an economical VPN, Surfshark is one of the loved VPNs because of the following features:
- Number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with more than 600 servers in the US.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with almost all operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an 79% discount and is for $2.29/month + 2 free months; Surfshark One, with the same discount, is for $2.69/month + 4 free months and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ which is for $3.99/month + 4 free months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online; if any data breach happens, you’ll get alerts and can even get the data back.
- Speed: At least 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is a default protocol on all our apps. If you want to change that, try OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops. Your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfsharkdoesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there 24 hours daily.
NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN to Watch Hulu in the UK
NordVPN is a highly popular VPN provider, known for its impressive features that make it stand out from the rest:
- Number of servers: 6022 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: With their “Most popular” package, you can get NordVPN for 2 years in $4.99/month + 3 EXTRA months.. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.79/month + 3 EXTRA months and the “Standard” package for $3.79/month + 3 EXTRA months.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature removes specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to stop transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices.
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How Can I Subscribe to Hulu in the UK?
Creating an account on Hulu is a very smooth process with the steps below:
- Subscribe to and download a reliable VPN. I would recommend ExpressVPN.
- Once you’ve installed it, connect to a US-based server.
- Visit Hulu’s official website.
- Click on the Signup
- Select one of the four Hulu subscription plans.
- Enter the required information.
- Select a payment method and type your billing details.
- The sign-up process is complete now; you can log into your Hulu account and start streaming.
Can I Watch Hulu in the UK with a Free VPN?
Watching Hulu in the UK is possible but unsafe. Free VPNs do not have the budget to give you features that premium VPNs provide. They compromise their users’ safety without reliable security protocols. They’re also known to sell user data to third parties since they provide free services.
Thus, I would advise against using free VPNs to stream Hulu in the UK.
How Much is a Hulu Subscription For in the UK?
Hulu has four convenient plans for its users to select from. Take a look at their details below before choosing one for yourself.
Hulu Basic – for £6.17/month
- You can stream on 2 devices simultaneously.
- A 30-day free trial period is included in this plan.
- This is an ad-supported
Hulu (Ad-free) – for £11.58/month
- Ads are now removed with an additional amount.
- Connect with 6 devices at the same time.
- A 30-day free trial period is included in this plan too.
Hulu + Live TV – for £54.05/month
- Live stream both Disney+ and ESPN+
- More than 60 channels are now available.
- On-demand content is available.
- This plan comes with ads.
- A 7-day free trial period is included.
Hulu + Live TV (No Ads) – for £64.09/month
- On-demand content but without any ads.
- Disney+ is ad-free, but ESPN+ is not.
- 7 day free trial period is included.
How do I Pay for my Hulu Account in the UK? [5 Easy Methods]
Below are five reliable and easy ways to pay for your Hulu subscription without a hassle.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using a Gift Card
Follow the given steps to pay for Hulu in the UK using a gift card:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN that has US servers, such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and click on the Hulu gift card (if MyGiftCardSupply doesn’t work, you can also use GiftCardCabin).
- Choose the value you want to add to the card (subscribe to save on multiple cards), and then proceed to check out.
- Pay with your local credit card or PayPal and add a link to redeem the card after getting an email confirmation.
- Now visit the Hulu gift card redemption page and log out of your account after clearing your browser.
- Click “Redeem,” and you’ll create a new Hulu account and enter a US ZIP Code.
- You can now log in to your new account and enjoy all your favorite movies and TV shows.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using PayPal
Here’s how you can pay for Hulu in the UK by using PayPal:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; I recommend using ExpressVPN and sign up for it.
- Connect to a US server so that you can access Hulu in the UK.
- Now make sure you have a US PayPal account and sign up for Hulu by selecting PayPal as your payment method.
- Log in to Hulu and enjoy non-stop streaming!
How To Pay For Hulu By Using StatesPay
Follow the given steps to pay for Hulu in the UK by using StatesPay:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN like ExpressVPN and connect to the New York server.
- Create a StatesPay account. You’ll have to go to the website and click on “Sign up” to create a new account and add.
- Now use your new card information and sign up for Hulu.
- Pay for Hulu, and you can start streaming Hulu from anywhere in the world.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using A Prepaid Card
Follow the given steps to pay for Hulu in the UK by using a prepaid card:
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to the USA Visa website. Choose your card and follow the steps to sign up and add funds.
- Use a new card to create a Hulu account. You will need a US phone number and address when signing up.
- Congratulations! You’re all set to stream Hulu in the UK.
How To Pay For Hulu By Using iTunes
The following steps will help you pay for Hulu in the UK using iTunes:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN; I suggest using ExpressVPN because of its excellent security features and connection to a US server.
- Visit the iTunes website and log out if you already have an account.
- Create a new iTunes account using your gift card.
- You’re ready to stream Hulu from anywhere in the world.
Devices Supported by Hulu in the UK
Hulu supports most of the major devices and operating systems, so you don’t have to worry about the compatibility of your devices. Below is a list of the devices supported by Hulu. Click on any device to jump to its installation steps provided below:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xfinity TV Box
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on Android?
Follow the given easy steps to watch Hulu on Android:
- Sign up for a reliable VPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your Android device.
- Log in to the VPN and connect to a US-based server.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android.
- Search for the Hulu app.
- Download and install the app on your Android device.
- Sign up or log in to Hulu using your login information.
- There you go! You may now stream Hulu on your Android.
Here is the complete guide How to Watch Hulu on Android.
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on iOS?
Here’s how you can watch Hulu on iOS in the UK:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your iOS device.
- Log in to the VPN using your credentials and connect to a US-based server.
- Open your App Store on your iPhone/iPad.
- Search for Hulu.
- Click on ‘Get’ to start downloading.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password.
- Sign into your Hulu account and start streaming.
Here is the complete guide How to Watch Hulu on iOS.
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on Android TV?
The given easy steps will help you watch Hulu on your Android TV:
- Once you’ve switched your TV on, connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- From your home screen, select ‘Apps.’
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Hulu app.
- Now, simply install the app.
Note: If you want to stream Hulu on Android TV in the UK, you’ll have to subscribe to a trustworthy VPN to unblock your geo-restricted content.
Explore the comprehensive guide: How to Watch Hulu on Android TV.
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on Apple TV?
Here’s how you can watch Hulu on your Apple TV in the UK:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN.
- Connect to an American server of the VPN; the New York server is suggested.
- Search for the Hulu app in the App Store of your Apple TV.
- Download and install the app.
- Register a new account using a ZIP code, or just enter your credentials for Hulu login if you already have an account.
Discover the in-depth guide on watching Hulu on your Apple TV.
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on Samsung Smart TV?
Follow the given steps to watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV:
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Once done, go to your DNS settings page and enter your credentials.
- Then, you’ll get to the IP address registration page; click the “Register my IP address” option.
- Go to the ExpressVPN setup page. Here, you’ll find your MediaStreamer DNS server IP address.
- On your TV remote, press the menu button.
- Next, click on Network and then Network Status.
- Once the procedure finishes, go to IP Settings > DNS Settings > Enter Manually.
- Enter the MediaStreamer IP address that you noted earlier in Step 4.
- Tap on ‘Enter’ and launch the ‘Smart Hub.’
- Look up Hulu in the Search bar and download it.
- Sign in with your Hulu account credentials and start streaming.
Explore the detailed instructions for enjoying Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on LG Smart TV?
To access Hulu on your LG Smart TV, follow the given steps:
- Sign up for a Hulu account if you don’t have one.
- Press the Home button on your TV remote.
- Select the Hulu app in your App List.
- Follow the login instructions and start streaming.
Important: If you’re accessing Hulu from in the UK, ensure you’re connected to a US-based server of a trustworthy VPN provider to bypass its geo-restrictions.
Discover step-by-step instructions: How to Watch Hulu on LG Smart TV
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on Vizio Smart TV?
Here’s how you can stream Hulu on Vizio Smart TV:
- Switch on your TV and connect it to the internet.
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for the Hulu app.
- Click on “Add to Home” to download it.
- Now, log in using your credentials and start streaming.
Note: If you live in the UK, you must unblock Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV via a premium VPN since the platform is geo-blocked everywhere else.
Here is the complete guide how to Watch Hulu on Vizio Smart TV.
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on Chromecast?
The following easy steps will help you cast Hulu on your Chromecast device:
- Get a premium VPN provider subscription with exceptional unblocking abilities.
- Download and install the VPN app on your streaming device and connect to an American server; we recommend the New York server.
- Get the Hulu app on your device. Open the app and tap on the “Cast icon.”
- Choose your Chromecast from the given list of devices.
- Now, you can enjoy non-stop Hulu streaming on your Chromecast.
Discover step-by-step instructions: How to Watch Hulu on Chromecast
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on FireStick From Anywhere?
Wish to watch Hulu on FireStick? Here’s how you can do so:
- Navigate to your FireStick’s Home Menu.
- Go to the search tab from the Top Menu and search for the Hulu app. You’ll get results showing other apps along with the original Hulu app.
- Download the app and open it.
- The app will show you a geo-restriction error if you live in the UK.
- To bypass geo-blocking, subscribe to a premium VPN and connect to an American server.
- Once the VPN is connected, open the Hulu app.
- The app will ask you to “Log in” or “Free Trial.”
- Choose an option that suits your preference, and enjoy Hulu.
Explore the comprehensive guide: How to Watch Hulu on FireStick.
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on Roku?
Watching Hulu on your Roku in the UK may seem tricky since Roku doesn’t directly support VPN apps. However, using either a router or the MediaStreamer feature of a reliable VPN such as ExpressVPN, you can enjoy Hulu on your Roku from anywhere in the world.
After connecting to a US-based server, follow the given steps:
- Visit Hulu’s official website and create a Hulu account.
- Switch on your Roku device > click the Home button > press Streaming Channels.
- Connect your Roku device to an HDMI port of your TV and turn it on with the AC adapter. Now navigate to Search Channels > type Hulu > click on the app.
- Click the Add Channel button, and your Roku device will download the app.
- Return to your Home Screen, open the Hulu app, go to the sign-in page, and enter your credentials.
Discover the in-depth guide on watching Hulu on Roku.
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on Xfinity TV Box?
Here’s how you can watch Hulu on Xfinity TV Box:
- Switch on your Xfinity TV Box, and ensure it’s connected to your Wi-Fi.
- Go to the home screen and click on the Smart Hub option.
- Choose Apps, and then search for the Hulu app.
- Install the Hulu app on your Xfinity TV Box and activate the Hulu app.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Choose your Profile, and there you have it!
Note: If you live in the UK, unblock Hulu on your Xfinity TV Box via a reliable VPN since the platform is geo-blocked everywhere.
Explore the comprehensive guide: How to Watch Hulu on Xfinity TV Box.
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on Xbox Anywhere?
Follow the given simple steps to watch Hulu on Xbox:
- Sign up for a reputable VPN provider.
- Download the VPN app on your Xbox and connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the Xbox One Store.
- Search for Hulu and download it.
- Follow the installation steps. And yeah, that’s it!
Discover the in-depth guide on watching Hulu on your Xbox.
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on PlayStation?
Follow the given steps to watch Hulu on your PlayStation:
- Switch on your PlayStation and enter your account using your PlayStations Network credentials.
- Open the PlayStation Store or the App Store on your PlayStation’s home screen.
- Search for the Hulu app, download and install it.
- Launch the Hulu app.
- Sign up or log in to your Hulu account, and you’re all ready to enjoy Hulu on your PlayStation.
Note: If you’re streaming Hulu from in the UK, subscribe to a VPN.
Explore the detailed instructions for enjoying Hulu on your PlayStation.
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on a Web Browser?
Here’s how you can access Hulu on a Web Browser outside America:
- Subscribe to a high-end VPN provider.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device and sign in.
- Connect your VPN to a US-based server.
- Navigate to Hulu’s official website from a supported web browser.
- Click on the “Log In” button in the top-right corner of the Home page.
- Enter your credentials, then click log in.
- Select your Profile from the list and start streaming.
Discover step-by-step instructions: How to Watch Hulu on Web Browser
How to Watch Hulu in the UK on Nintendo Switch?
The following steps will help you watch Hulu on Nintendo Switch in the UK:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN.
- Connect to an American server, such as the New York
- Select the Nintendo eShop icon on your device and press the “A” button.
- Search for the Hulu app and press the “A” button.
- Download and install the app on your device.
Here is the complete guide how to Watch Hulu on Nintendo Switch.
Is There Any Other Way to Watch Hulu in the UK?
Yes, you can employ a few other options, but those are less dependable than a VPN. Here are two methods you can use:
A Smart DNS is similar to a proxy server. It routes your traffic to a remote server and hides your real IP address and, consequently, your location. If you intend to use a Smart DNS to unblock geo-restricted content, I suggest using the MediaStreamer feature by ExpressVPN, which also comes with extra-fast connections.
Browser Extension (Not Recommended)
This method is unreliable because Hulu’s website blocks most browser proxy extensions. This happens when the proxy extension encrypts your traffic through a US server, which can get detected by Hulu’s servers. Moreover, thousands of other users are already using the US server your traffic is routed to. Hence, I don’t suggest using this method.
Read More: How To Watch Hulu in the UK
Why is Hulu not Working in the UK? [Quick Solutions]
You don’t want your movie night getting interrupted by one of Hulu’s errors or any other problem, right? Well, read below for some of these and their tried-and-tested fixes.
- Check your internet connections: To stream Hulu smoothly, you need a minimum of 6 Mbps. Check via fast.com if your internet speed is lower than the specified minimum. Moreover, you can move your device closer to the router or contact your ISP.
- Active Hulu subscription: Check through your Hulu account to see if your subscription is still valid and hasn’t expired.
- Check if Hulu’s servers are down: your error may be related to a server being down. In this case, you only wait for the issue to be resolved on Hulu’s end. You can also check server status through Down Detector.
- Clear Hulu app cache: It may be that your app cache and data are taking up space and need to be cleared.
- Compatibility with Hulu: It may be that Hulu does not support your device.
- Update or reinstall your Hulu
- Contact your VPN provider: If none of the solutions above has worked, you may contact your VPN service provider for assistance.
How Can You Cancel Your Hulu Subscription?
Here’s how you can cancel your Hulu subscription plan:
- Sign into your Hulu
- Go to ‘Account’ from the main menu.
- Under ‘Subscription,’ click on ‘Cancel Subscription’.
- You’ll be prompted to pause your subscription.
- Complete the process by clicking on ‘Cancel’.
What’s New to Watch on Hulu in the UK?
There’s a limitless library of TV shows and movies to stream on Hulu. Take a look at some of the most popular titles below:
Top TV Series to Watch on Hulu in 2024
Here are some of the top TV series that you can enjoy on Hulu in the UK:
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Attack on Titan
- Self Reliance
- My Evil Sister Season 1
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Death and Other Details Season 1
- The Office (UK)
- Only Murders in the Building
- High Fidelity
- The Kardashians Season 4 on Hulu
- The Dropout
Top Movies to Watch on Hulu in 2024
Check out the following list of movies to watch on Hulu in the UK:
- White Men Can’t Jump
- Jagged Mind
- Drag Me to Dinner
- District 9
- The Chronicles Of Narnia: Voyage Of The Dawn Treader
Top Channels to Watch on Hulu in 2024
Hulu offers the following channels:
- ABC News
- Comedy Central
- National Geographic
Read More: How To Watch Hulu On Chromecast
Where Else Can You Stream Hulu with a VPN?
A premium VPN service can get you access to geo-blocked content anywhere in the world. Here are a few countries you can watch Hulu in:
- New Zealand
- The Netherlands
- The Philippines
- The UAE
What are the US ZIP Codes?
Here are some US zip codes for you to use:
|90001 – 90089
|90209 – 90213
|60601 – 60641
|20001 – 20020
|85001 – 85055
|78701 – 78705
|33124 – 33190
|30301 – 30381
|02101 – 02137
|10001 – 10048
Can Hulu detect VPNs?
Yes, Hulu does detect VPNs. Since it keeps track of IP addresses accessing its services, the moment its intelligent systems detect an IP address connected via a VPN, Hulu blocks that IP address.
Is it illegal to watch Hulu in the UK?
No, it isn’t illegal to use a VPN to watch Hulu in the UK. All you need is a subscription to a reliable premium VPN, and you’re all set.
What is the zip code for Hulu UK?
Go to Hulu’s website and log into your account. Then, enter the US ZIP code (62142) that was emailed to you. Now, you can stream Hulu smoothly.
How can I get a Hulu free trial in the UK?
A free trial is only available to new users. You can get a 30-day free trial on Hulu in the UK, but only by using a dependable VPN provider like ExpressVPN.
Can I get a Student Discount on Hulu Bundle in the UK?
Yes, you can get Hulu’s student discount for GBP 1.56 per month, with a 75
discount. This plan can be canceled anytime you want to. However, this plan is an ad-supported one.
As you’ve found out now, streaming Hulu is very much possible and easy. All you need is a premium VPN you can rely on, and you’re all set for a steaming party with your friends. I would recommend subscribing to the highly efficient ExpressVPN, which unblocks Hulu for you and keeps your data safe.
I hope this article was helpful to you and has removed all your relevant queries. If you still have any questions, feel free to contact team BingeHulu.